Verified Expert in Design
Kris is a senior digital product designer and UX mentor with a passion for creating simple yet powerful user-centered interfaces for digital products. He has over 13 years of experience working with creative agencies, startups, entrepreneurs, and well-established enterprise companies. Along the way, Kirs has had a chance to design solutions for industry leaders such as Adobe, Colgate, Dermalogica, Johnson & Johnson, Rogers, IT Central Station, Oracle, HP, IBM, and others.
Colgate – iOS and Android Mobile App
Dermalogica – Facemapping iPad App
Travel+Leisure iOS Mobile App
Mentor, UX Academy
- Conducted weekly 1-on-1 video call sessions with UX/UI design students entering the world of design.
- Provided written feedback daily on students' design assignments.
- Guided full-time and part-time students throughout the 3-6 months process till graduation and building their own portfolio.
- Provided guidance on design tools, best practices, and design thinking, and also helped students by providing valuable insights on career coaching and the business side of being a UI/UX designer.
Web UX/UI Designer
Australian Life Development PTY LTD
- Designed low-fidelity prototypes that had been tested and validated by the target audience—financial advisors—for a new automated insurance platform.
- Implemented design changes based on usability testing results.
- Designed a high-fidelity clickable prototype of the new dashboard for an automated insurance policy platform.
- Build a strong and cohesive design system, including interactive components and style libraries.
- Met and communicated directly with the CTO and head of digital to ensure feedback was implemented in the right and timely matter.
Lead UI/UX Designer
- Worked on an entirely new mobile app design for an innovative connected electric toothbrush. The app tracks users' brushing sessions and helps improve their overall oral health while rewarding them with smile points for each brushing.
- Prepared animated screen behaviors to explain to developers desired UI interaction and micro-interactions for small details like icons and button states.
- Created the low-fidelity wireframes and fully-clickable prototypes for multiple brainstorm sessions about new features and app UX improvements.
- Built complete brand guidelines, including color palette, typography, iconography, and other assets needed for various marketing purposes.
- Communicated daily with a team of developers and project managers as well as executive-level stakeholders.
Lead UI/UX Designer
Dermalogica (via Toptal)
- Collaborated closely with a digital product director at Dermalogica, a well-known cosmetic brand from Los Angeles, California.
- Created user journeys for a new digital product that uses AI and performs a detailed analysis (by scanning the user's face), providing a list of skin conditions and suggesting products that will improve users' skin health.
- Defined a strong UX through medium-fidelity wireframes and set a unique visual tone for the entire user interface.
- Designed the app user interface for web (desktop and mobile responsive), mobile, and tablet devices.
- Focused on all major pages from the user journey, as well as on less visible UI elements that often get overlooked during the design process, including empty states, alert messages, modals, dropdown menus, and more.
- Animated the most important UI elements and created a fully working, clickable prototype to effectively communicate design ideas with the executive level stakeholders and development team.
- Guided junior designers and senior developers about the design process and UX strategy.
IT Central Station
- Contributed to the UI and UX of the company's website and dashboard while optimizing it for both web and mobile platforms.
- Designed online marketing materials such as various ads for Google and Facebook campaigns, email newsletters, reports recommendations, and more.
- Ideated and designed various print materials such as signage, brochures, flyers, huge roll-up posters, T-shirts, hats, and more.
- Helped in company growth and raised the number of users that today surpasses 500,000.
- Designed various ad campaigns for industry-leading clients such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Cisco, HP, CA, and many others.
Digital Product Designer
- Worked on a per-project basis with a range of international startups as well as large enterprise companies.
- Met clients in person and over Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Skype.
- Identified problems and needs at an early stage of the project during the research phase.
- Conducted UX research, creating personas, user flows, low and high-fidelity wireframes.
- Transformed wireframes into visually appealing and engaging user interfaces.
- Provided detailed style guides to help support and speed up the development process and stay consistent with the brand's visual language.
- Created interactive prototypes and micro-interactions to effectively communicate design ideas with executive-level stakeholders and development teams.
- Handed over the projects on time and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Managed a team of developers and ensured there was no quality loss in the end product compared to the original designs.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Singidunum University - Subotica, Serbia
Design Strategy: Design Thinking for Business Strategy and Entrepreneurship
Managing Your Time
EFSET Quick English Check | Score: Advanced/Proficient (CEFR C1/C2)
EF Education First
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring