Verified Expert in Design
Marco is in the business of solving problems by asking the right questions and prototyping. He gets fired up by getting stuff done, and he is innately curious about technology, human potential, and social impact. Marco is looking for venture-backed startups that would benefit from his expertise in product design and UX.
Product Designer | Design Sprint Facilitator
- Founded a company to leverage experiences and learning on end-to-end SaaS product conceptualization, design, prototyping, product management, and marketing.
- Participated in the agile application development process involving iterations throughout my work.
- Identified problems and defined business models. Implemented a market and competitive analysis.
- Worked on product conceptualization using empathy mapping, data syntheses, and personas.
- Performed UX research and analysis—mapping customer journeys, creating user flows, wireframing, and prototyping the user experience using Sketch, InVision, Axure, and similar tools.
- Developed designs for marketing, branding, and identity to business clients.
Chief Design Officer
- Helped create the founders' vision into tangible prototypes, leading to a series of investment engagements for the business travel app startup.
- Designed an improved end-to-end user experience platform for multiple user groups and use cases.
- Gave design directions to the existing software infrastructure.
- Provided design support for both product use and corporate consumption.
- Worked in the capacity of being on loan from Seraphm; effectively this was a Seraphm design client.
User Experience Design Instructional Assistant
- Helped local students develop their user experience design capabilities.
- Assisted the course instructor and course producer with design/admin work related to student experience.
Product Manager for UX
- Managed software enhancement requests and improvements that help salespeople accomplish business tasks more efficiently.
- Participated in road map planning exercises to prioritize UX features.
- Communicated across the community network and software development to align releases and tasks to the yearly and quarterly road map.
- Researched and suggested solutions to improve the salesperson experience of the software.
Software UI/UX Designer
- Redesigned the UIs for Optymyze sales performance management applications and platform.
- Worked on projects that led Optymyze being named a Visionary on the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management and a Leader on the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant.
- Conceptualized and prototyped new software products with the founder.
Web and Marketing Manager
- Learned Bootstrap in order to work directly with the CEO and create from scratch responsive company websites.
- Managed the website implementations with a remote team.
- Standardized software product marketing and communication materials.
- Led efforts in branding and identity across the network of companies.
- Designed websites, marketing collateral, and advertisements.
- Worked with clients include Chartis (AIG), L’Oreal, Liberty Insurance, Invisalign, Botox, Mars, and more.
- Worked as a creative designer for a major local advertising agency handling print, TV, outdoor media, events, and web.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Advertising
Philippine Women's University - Manila, the Philippines
Design Sprint Master Class
Immersive Design Sprint Workshop
Design Sprint Academy — New Haircut (Berlin, Germany)
Certificate in Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation Bootcamp
MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
UX Certification - License 1009960
Nielsen Norman Group (Sydney, Australia)
Certification in UX
Nielsen Norman Group
Certificate in Product Management
Certificate in UX, Prototyping, and User Testing
Certificate in Customer Development