Toptal Member Since
October 6, 2016
Marius is a creative, fast-working, and dedicated freelance designer with a positive attitude and extensive multidisciplinary experience. He has been working as UI/UX designer, art director, and photographer all over the world for the past 17 years—designing user-friendly and beautiful digital products, online services, eCommerce experiences, and campaigns. Marius helps businesses achieve success through strategic design choices and digital transformation.
Marius is available for hireHire Marius
Ark | Read and Listen App
AudiobooksEbooksSubscriptionsApp UIApp UXProduct Design+ 1 more
Good Work | Inventory Management and Reuse Marketplace
Marketplace DesignDashboard DesignSustainability ReportsSustainabilityInformation Architecture (IA)Product Design+ 19 more
Breed | E-learning Platform for Photographers
Web DesignUniversal Web DesignResponsive Web Design (RWD)Beauty ProductsPhotographyUser Experience (UX)+ 14 more
2006 - PRESENT
- Worked with a range of clients focusing on web design and mobile apps. Clients include Dolce & Gabbana, Alicia Keys, Dior, Nike, Ryan Seacrest, and Oakley.
- Working both remotely and in-house.
- Developed WordPress sites since 2007.
- Worked quickly as needed, retaining respect for the task and maintaining clear communication with those involved in the projects.
Technologies: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Visual Design, UI Design, Wireframing, Android, UX Design, SaaS Design, User Interviews, User Research, Mobile App Design, Mobile Design, User Flows, Component Libraries
2021 - 2023
Chief Experience Officer (CXO)
- Aced as the design lead of the new read and listen app for the largest chain of bookstores in Norway, Ark.
- Built the information architecture and wireframes for the agreement module for Lexolve, a legal tech startup in Oslo.
- Redesigned Kobler, a contextual advertisement platform, and helped them reorganize and optimize its product development cycle.
Technologies: Figma, Miro, Legal Technology (Legaltech), Subscriptions, Web Marketing, Marketing Technology (MarTech), Visual Design, UI Design, Web Design, Wireframing, Product Design, iOS, Android, UX Design, SaaS Design, Journey Mapping, Web App UX, Web App Design, Web App UI, SaaS, B2B, User Interviews, Agile, User Research, Mobile App Design, Mobile Design, User Flows, Component Libraries
2020 - 2021
Head of Experience and Product Design
- Architected and designed an inventory and asset management system now utilized by the Norwegian government to track and maintain office furniture across locations and offices.
- Design a mobile-first furniture scanning and registration module to be used by onsite employees.
- Worked in union with engineers on the highly complex system architecture to ensure efficient development and end solution.
Technologies: Figma, Miro, Visual Design, UI Design, Web Design, Wireframing, Product Design, iOS, Android, UX Design, SaaS Design, Journey Mapping, Web App UX, Web App Design, Web App UI, B2B, User Interviews, Agile, User Research, Mobile Design, User Flows, Component Libraries
2018 - 2021
Chief Experience Officer
- Led a team of 12 UX and UI designers building the design system and user experience of a fully scalable and data-driven eCommerce/retail stack solution for Norway's largest retailer Varner.
- Owned the digitalization and evolution of Varner's six retail brands onto a brand new eCommerce platform. Reported directly to stakeholders.
- Presented my own design directions in front of all HQ employees (500) in a theatre together with stakeholders.
Technologies: Figma, Visual Design, UI Design, Web Design, Wireframing, Product Design, iOS, Android, UX Design, Journey Mapping, Web App UX, User Interviews, Agile, User Research, Mobile Design, User Flows, Component Libraries
2013 - 2016
Founder and Creative Director
- Developed the concept and business strategy, designed the brand and identity, as well as the full UX and UI of the premium e-learning platform. Oversaw the development.
- Spearheaded the content creation process directing more than 50 video tutorials on fashion photography.
- Set the strategy and created all the marketing collateral for the digital products selling through the Breed Store ($500,000 annual revenue).
- Hired competent content creators across the US and Europe to create educational videos, resource files and in depth tutorial articles as premium membership content for Breed.
- Managed and coordinated content creation and set the editorial agenda and schedule.
- Planned and produced premium fashion photography workshops in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, coordinating the efforts of the full team.
Technologies: Coda, Sketch, Adobe Audition, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Visual Design, UI Design, Web Design, Wireframing, UX Design, Journey Mapping, Web App UX, Mobile Design
2009 - 2015
Ben Trovato Magazine
- Designed the full brand experience and all web platforms.
- Art-directed over 100 fashion shoots in LA, NYC, Paris, Berlin, London, and other cities.
- Designed and developed award-winning WordPress sites in 2009, 2012, and 2014.
- Directed a commercial for Dolce & Gabbana's Campioni Book in 2012.
- Delivered a talk at the International Fashion Film Festival in La Jolla, CA about fashion's move into new media.
- Featured on the website siteInspire for inspirational web design.
- Featured on the site WebDesignerDepot for the beautiful use of images on a website.
- Led a team of four, including an editor, a concept developer, an editorial assistant, and a social media specialist.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, WordPress Design, Visual Design, Web Design
2013 - 2014
Creative Director and Co-founder
- Designed identity and brand material, as well as all UX and UI.
- Designed all of the platform's front-end and back-end UI/UX.
- Customized and art-directed the platform's integration for Conde Nast.
- Led a team of 12 photographers to cover and document New York Fashion Week for our Faces of NYFW campaign.
- Led and coordinated a team of five curators and social media specialists during our Faces of NYFW campaign.
Technologies: Coda, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Visual Design, UI Design, Web Design, Wireframing, Product Design, UX Design, SaaS Design, Journey Mapping, Web App UX, Web App Design, Web App UI, SaaS, B2B, User Research, Mobile Design, User Flows
2009 - 2011
Digital Art Director
- Led the design work on online campaigns for clients such as VW, Amnesty International, Helly Hansen, and others.
- Designed complex eCommerce solutions for clients such as Telenor, Kari Traa, and VW.
- Developed the concept and led the design on revenue-boosting digital campaigns for Ikea, DnB, and others.
Technologies: Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Visual Design, Web Design, Mobile Design
2007 - 2009
Master's Degree in Design
Oslo National Academy of the Arts - Oslo, Norway
2004 - 2007
Bachelor's Degree in Media, Design, and Photography
Volda University College - Volda, Norway
2006 - 2006
Participated as an Exchange Student in Art Direction
Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus - Southport, Queensland, Australia