Verified Expert in Design
Michael is a multidisciplinary designer specializing in UI/UX, visual identity design, and design systems. He is passionate about human-centered products and has led projects' research, strategy, and branding. Michael won a visual identity award for his work and excelled in producing digital products in the education and training, e-learning, marketing, SaaS, and television industries. He provides leadership in visual design to develop and manage brand assets and design systems.
OA | Identity Design System
Multimedia Designer (UX/UI, Visual Designer)
Omni HR Consulting (Pty) Ltd
- Led research, strategy, and branding. Oversaw UI/UX visual design.
- Designed a web user interface that offers business solutions services.
- Developed brand identity and a design system for the entire brand, reducing redundancy while creating a shared language and visual consistency across different web pages and channels.
- Collaborated with clients and teams to create for both new and existing digital products and services.
- Designed a user interface for an e-learning website that offers training and development courses.
- Conducted interviews as part of the recruitment team.
- Mentored junior designers on client projects.
- Collaborated with developers to create digital course materials.
- Designed and tested online payment experiences for our financial department.
- Performed a UX audit, identifying usability issues that inhibit control, clarity, and the ability to perform fundamental tasks.
Omni HR Consulting
- Developed sub-brand identities, including design systems, brand guides, and stylescapes.
- Developing concepts, graphics, and layouts, including making decisions about fonts, images, readability, and readers' needs.
- Managed client proposals from typesetting through to graphic design, print, and production.
- Planned, created, and coded internet sites and web pages, many of which combine text with sounds, pictures, graphics and video clips.
Lead UI Web Designer
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualized original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Conducted user research (printer buyers) and evaluated user feedback.
- Developed brand identity, including logo, style scape, colors, and other brand assets.
- Created wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas to the CEO effectively.
Curator and Designer
Natural History Museum of Zimbabwe - Bulawayo
- Designed and curated a museum for the late former vice president of Zimbabwe.
- Managed the band identity design of the organization, including colors, tone, and language.
- Curated and designed crafts for the hippo exhibition for French tourists.
- Oversaw the item's documentation, conducted research on the collection, and found the most suitable packaging for items whenever they had to be transported.
- Developed visual concepts for big museum exhibitions.
Higher Certificate in Sound Production
SAE Institute - Cape Town, South Africa
Diploma in Media Techniques, Creative Computing, Graphic Design
City & Guilds - Zimbabwe
University of Cape Town
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring