Verified Expert in Design
Michelle is a UI/UX design lead, visual designer, and strategic thinker with experience in product design, digital design, advertising, and research. She has over 750+ successful projects under her belt across multiple brands, products, and industries and is highly proficient in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and numerous other industry tools. Michelle approaches projects with creativity, user empathy, and problem-solving ingenuity that consistently bring great value to her clients.
Manager Coaching App for Microsoft Teams
Creative Director | Principal
Jozi Firecracker Factory (Self-employed)
- Provided digital and creative services to advertising agencies and intelligent brands in the US and around the world.
- Designed and developed elegant solutions that achieve the clients' business objectives. Worked with stakeholders to spec project requirements, scopes of work, budgets, and timelines. Executed end-to-end management of creative and production projects.
- Led design and engineering teams to develop web and mobile applications, software products, and advertising campaigns for high-profile projects and clients.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to develop campaigns, products, scenarios, process flows, creative concepts, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and other assets required to execute projects successfully.
- Led communication and collaboration across client and agency departments.
- Used Office 365 across Microsoft's product suite, including Word Online, PowerPoint Online, and other cloud services such as Exchange Online hosted email for business, cloud storage with OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams.
Senior Product Designer
- Designed user experiences that empower the world's most valuable companies to deliver innovation and ensure the health and security of their systems and services.
- Redesigned the customer-facing support experience both online and in-product, including case management platform, public forums, and customer knowledgebase.
- Redesigned the distributed tracing UI for viewing individual traces across customers' entire infrastructure and shipped new features such as Error Focus, Fragmented Trace Improvements, and Entity-Latency Views.
Product Designer II
- Submitted design patents for contributions made to focus time and time away in employee wellness features across Microsoft Viva.
- Collaborated with design, PM, and engineering teams to design and develop applications and features across numerous products in the Microsoft 365 suite. Created delightful solutions that help individuals and enterprises be more productive.
- Developed scenarios, process flows, concepts, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and other assets to evolve and improve the user experience in cooperation with stakeholders.
- Led projects and collaborated and communicated across teams, departments, and customers.
- Synergized design, research, development, and program management from the initial concept to the final implementation.
- Built best-in-class software to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
- Provided advertising and communications services to the clients, supporting their public policy objectives.
- Worked with a team of interactive designers, web developers, art directors, and copywriters to develop public policy campaigns.
- Launched a multi-million dollar campaign that raised public awareness of America’s dependence on foreign oil. Recipient of several AAPC Awards for work on AT&T, Pickens Plan, and the City of Seattle.
Creative Group Head
- Led a team of designers, developers, art directors, and copywriters in the development of brand and product campaigns for global clients.
- Serviced Vodafone, FCB South Africa’s most profitable account, with an annual advertising budget of $100 million. Launched mobile broadband to the South African market, accumulating over 1.4 million subscribers in under six months.
- Spearheaded product development and marketing of Vodacom's 46664 prepaid starter pack raising over $44 million in revenue for the Nelson Mandela AIDS research initiative.
- Awarded the Grand Prix in the Sunday Times Marketing Excellence Awards two years in a row.
Designer | Art Director
- Led a team of graphic designers, 3D artists, and environmental designers to develop and roll out national presence branding campaigns in urban and rural areas.
- Designed 360-degree branding campaigns for some of Africa's most prolific brands, including MTN Group (mobile telecoms) and Coca-Cola (FMCG).
- Launched Cell C, South Africa's third entrant into the mobile telecoms market, to the South African market and gained over 1.25 million subscribers in the first three months.
- Specialized in the design of corporate identities, branding, and corporate marketing collateral.
- Served private and governmental accounts, including the Department of Health, the Department of Trade and Industry, and the Department of Environmental Affairs.
- Secured below-the-line accounts of Nokia and Alfa Romeo.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring