Toptal Member Since
June 24, 2016
Natalia is a user experience designer and researcher with over ten years of experience creating business applications. Most of her experience comes from designing many enterprise software and SaaS web applications where Natalia's analytical, design, and user research skills are employed.
Natalia is available for hireHire Natalia
Enterprise Data Quality Software
User Interface (UI)User Experience (UX)SketchRich Internet ApplicationsEnterprise SaaSSoftware as a Service (SaaS)+ 6 more
Food Sensitivities App
SketchPen & PaperInVisioniPhone XiOSProduct Design+ 6 more
Molecule Ordering System
Rich Internet ApplicationsOrder ManagementAppsBusiness AnalysisUX DesignUsability Testing+ 4 more
Market Research Studies Database
AppsDocument ManagementUX DesignUsability TestingUser InterviewsWorkshops+ 4 more
Legal Documents Collaboration Platform
SaaSDocument ManagementRich Internet ApplicationsUX DesignBusiness AnalysisProduct Design+ 2 more
Videoconference Booking System
SaaSRich Internet ApplicationsEnterprise SystemsUser ResearchDashboard DesignB2B+ 4 more
2019 - PRESENT
UX/UI Designer (Contract)
- Designed a validated platform that allows defining and ingesting clinical trials' data from external vendors. The platform then allows scientists and clinical trial managers to analyze data completeness and spot outstanding results.
- Worked in close collaboration with the developers, project team, and end-users.
- Developed a design system used for the whole platform as the only designer on a team of 30+ developers and business team members. Based on that system, I designed six modules and 200+ screens.
Technologies: Adobe Experience Design (XD), Design Thinking, MVP Design, User Research, Data Visualization, Figma, UI Design, Dashboard Design, User Experience (UX), UX Design, Rapid Prototyping, Research, Design Workshops, Web App Design
2018 - 2019
UX/UI Designer (Contract)
- Designed a talent marketplace where writers and other creatives can apply for short-term assignment jobs. The site accommodates three different roles. Added a module for online editing and commenting.
- Designed the UX for iOS and web for an online store where one can purchase tailored men's garments. The site included AI-powered measurement-taking.
- Designed the UX and UI of a few iOS applications for personal healthcare, personal finance, marketplace.
Technologies: Sketch, Design Thinking, MVP Design, User Research, B2B, Data Visualization, UX Audits, Figma, Dashboard Design, UI Design, User Experience (UX), UX Design, Workshops, User Journeys, Startups, Rapid Prototyping, Lean Startups, Research, Web App Design, SaaS Design
2015 - 2016
UX Team Lead
- Oversaw the design process of ERP SaaS systems that help companies manage their inventory and pricing.
- Worked for world-class leaders in automotive and heavy-duty equipment industries, such as Caterpillar, Harley-Davidson, Daimler Trucks, Volvo, and Claas.
- Led a UI facelift project aiming to refresh the visual design across all company products.
- Reported directly to the director of R&D, providing regular updates to the CEO and running presentations for the whole company and the board of directors.
- Recruited and onboarded a team of five UX designers.
Technologies: Pen & Paper, Axure, Sketch, Design Thinking, User Research, B2B, Data Visualization, UX Audits, Dashboard Design, User Experience (UX), UX Design, Workshops, Rapid Prototyping, Research, Design Workshops, Web App Design, SaaS Design
2010 - 2015
Lead UX Designer
- Led a team of several UX designers, presenting offers to customers, planning, and estimating effort.
- Contributed to the development of tens of different business applications ranging from simple iPhone projects to iPad apps and complex web enterprise systems.
- Applied a user-centered design process, from analysis, requirements refinement, and workshop coordination to user research (interviews and shadowing), ideation, information architecture design, prototyping, usability testing, visual designer briefing.
- Designed applications for scientists working in a pharmaceutical R&D department in San Francisco.
- Co-managed a UX community of practice, running UX training sessions for developers and several other activities promoting UX.
- Worked in agile teams on a daily basis, with UX activities running in sprints.
Technologies: Pen & Paper, OptimalSort, Morae, Enterprise Architecture, Balsamiq, Axure, Design Thinking, MVP Design, User Research, Data Visualization, UX Audits, Dashboard Design, User Experience (UX), UX Design, Workshops, Rapid Prototyping, Research, Design Workshops, Web App Design
2017 - 2017
Certificate in UI Design
Career Foundry - Online
2009 - 2012
Master of Science Degree in Information Systems
Warsaw School of Economics - Warsaw, Poland
2005 - 2008
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology
Silesian University - Katowice, Poland
AUGUST 2014 - PRESENT
B2 Swedish Language Certificate (Självständig Språkanvändare)