Verified Expert in Design
Nico is an experienced UX designer and performance marketer. For over 10 years, he has partnered with clients such as Nissan, crypto companies, Spanish law firms, food tech, iDrinks, and more. Nico's unique hybrid of skills—notably UI, UX, Brand, Product Design, and Marketing Experience —has allowed him to exceed business and user expectations time and time again. His process for success is to be always user-focused, experience-driven, and design-led.
UX Designer and Performance Marketing
BLUE PLATE CABS
- Designed their website to generate more bookings using their third-party API, running on Autocab's software.
- Developed marketing campaigns on both Google Search and Facebook ads in order to get more traffic and bookings through their web app and site.
- Created user-specific stories, helped the brand make a marketing calendar, and taught the team how to produce better content aimed at higher engagement.
CEO and Director
- Created the first UK-based platform where customers could buy alcohol normally unavailable in the EU or UK.
- Built commercial relationships with multiple vendors of fine spirits in order to fulfill my customer's orders.
- Created a marketing platform for vendors to sell their stock by integrating their stock count with our own API.
- Developed a native app for both Android and iOS using Tapcart to send out push notifications to customers.
- Made a webshop in Shopify for a Danish client, which turned over €150.000 in sales in the first month.
- Designed four issues of Costa Posten, which is the only Scandinavian newspaper on the Costa del Sol.
- Came in third place in a Nissan design competition taken place in Marbella.
- Designed and developed all marketing assets for the supermarket franchise Vikingos Minimarket in southern Spain.
- Created two websites using Squarespace for a London-based investment company.
UI/UX Design Expert
Nurlinks Capital Inc.
- Wireframed initially on paper and placed into Figma to create a workable prototype of the new website.
- Created the website from scratch in Webflow by using the original designs improved by the client.
- Completed the website multi-language by using WeGlot.
- Integrated an IDX database for all MLS listings in California on behalf of the client.
- Copywrited the website's text and ensured all imagery was royalty-free.
- Edited and made the video background for the homepage.
- Created a tutorial for the client on how to use the Webflow CMS system, the Weglot translation software, and the IDX integration for future use.
- Traveled around Spain and Portugal taking photos and videos for various Hotels for Expedia.com.
- Helped launch the marketing material for a new resort opening in Faro, Portugal with my photos.
- Filmed and shot 50 real estate videos for three independent brokers in the Malaga area.
- Designed the platform's landing page to get clients to sign up for the startup.
- Completed the UX design of the back end, which had to be minimal and easy to use for our crypto trading clients.
- Designed the mobile application for Blockchain Nordic which became available in both Apple's App Store and Google Play Store.
- Made the company's presentation boards, which were shown and presented to investors and POI at networking events/meetings around Europe.
- Designed all the editorial advertising, which was published in multiple newspapers and websites in Denmark.
- Designed and got editorial assets printed, such as business cards, letterheads, roll-up banners, and more.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Graphic Design, Motion, and Interaction
Salford University - Manchester, United Kingdom
Diploma in Graphic Design
Marbella Design Academy - Monda, Spain