Verified Expert in Design
Patty is a nomadic UI/UX designer who codes a bit and gravitates toward creative strategy, branding, front-end coding, AB testing, and illustration. She's worked with companies such as Kissmetrics, Dice, Roc Nation, and more. Patty designs for user needs and is fond of JTBD for user research and atomic design for iterative prototyping. She believes that people don't want to buy a quarter-inch drill. They want a quarter-inch hole (TL).
UI Design Systems Specialist
- Designed leading enterprises' design systems for leading enterprises as a designer in an agency.
- Designed a zero-to-one design system (DS): Aurora DS B2B and Solar. Designed, documented, assisted development, educated, and helped other pods for implementation. Design system currently implemented. Also, partook in a global navigation redesign.
- Worked closely with developers and designers to assess non-reusable components and with designers to understand their needs: Affirm's design system B2C, finance software, and '22. Worked on design styles and components for Affirm's DS.
Senior UI/UX Consultant
- Specialized design in UX, UI, MVPs, product features, design systems, marketing, and eCommerce sites for several B2B and B2C clients, including RocNation, Outer, Convert, and YC Companies. All validated qual/quantitatively.
- Created, for DoneDone, the four core feature designs, including onboarding, reports dashboard, updates to DS, and other core features validated with analytics and user testing (2019-2020).
- Crafted, for Dice’s getTalent, the MVP design of a web recruiting software, included creating user flows, prototypes, contributed production CSS, design guidelines, and so on (2016).
Contract UX Designer
- Redesigned an application for a better UX.
- Worked closely with the in-house developers for UI reviews of an Angular application in GitHub. Including creating pull requests for CSS updates, and being part of the pull request process for approving builds in development.
- Designed multiple integral features on a regular sprint cycle basis.
- Introduced internal organization systems within the product team.
- Designed a Material-based UI style guide for an application.
- Worked on multiple core product views including directories, pipeline creation, event creation, an admin portal, and more.
Marketing Design Manager
- Designed and managed the front-end of the UI of a marketing site.
- Gained advanced skills in PSDs, AI, HTML, and SCSS;
- Worked on wireframing and prototyping.
- Gained intermediate skills with GitHub.
- Implemented AB testing, analytics, and website funnel optimization.
- Defined the Kissmetrics brand by creating more visibility, consistency, and engagement.
- Designed the front-facing assets including trade booths, collateral, white papers, landing pages, email templates, and more.
- Was promoted from a web designer to a marketing design manager to more fully manage consultants and the marketing site.
- Worked with the marketing team on an iterative CRO, and led projects that increased conversions up to 600%.
Appcelerator | Singly
- Designed two consistent brand visions for the enterprise and developer branded products in UI, UX, and marketing collateral.
- Created an engaging product that was focused on the brand with reusable brand elements of the product suite that supported the Appcelerator Platform's website, microsites, marketing collateral, and more.
- Designed multiple microsites for lead-generation purposes.
- Was hired after the Singly acquisition and worked as the sole in-house designer.
- Designed and maintained the UI and UX of the site.
- Designed the marketing collateral, branded t-shirts, hackathon, trade-booth signage, and more.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Commercial and Advertising Art Direction
Academy of Art University - San Francisco, CA, USA