Freelance Lead Product Designer
2008 - 2018
- Designed Halligan: a SaaS which enables first responders to comply with DEA regulations, perform checks and keep track of trucks, equipment, and inventory. Worked closely with the founders, engineers and core customers to deliver the greatest value to the consumer at the lowest cost to the business. Helped identify and define a highly competitive feature set in order to make the product into an incredibly attractive solution to many businesses despite the existence of many mature and resourceful competitors. Responsibilities include maintaining a design system and specification of the product for different levels of account permissions and white-labeled variations—all across the web, iOS, and Android. Halligan has been acquired by Vector Solutions in January 2019.
- Designed the UI/UX for the Wait app (2015) which helps users decide which restaurant, bar, or coffee shop to go to by informing them of wait estimates in the area. Utilized market research and potential user interviews. Identified essential features and simplified the user interface; this allowed users to achieve their goals in an amazingly short amount of time and delighted them along the way. The biggest challenge was to deal with the constraints of the MVP and deliver the best user experience possible to verify the market fit and allow users to seamlessly view wait times for venues around them, seamlessly add waiting times, and to share the wait times with other users.
- Worked closely with the Kakaxi CEO to form the idea into the Kakaxi product that is essentially a nexus between farmers and the consumers they feed. Kakaxi (Japanese for a scarecrow) enables consumers to tap into local farms through the app, providing them with data, photos, and time-lapse video about the food they eat. In addition, Kakaxi allows consumers to share photos and recipes of the dishes they have made using the ingredients that they have received from the farmers. Kakaxi bridges the gap between food and information, empowering consumers and producers through better farm-to-fork transparency.
- Designed both the iOS and Android versions of the Shopcade (2013) product from the ground-up and redefined the overall visual language of the product while taking business goals and constraints in mind. Completely rebooted the iOS app with the new iOS 7 language in mind and focus on the user experience. It was a critical phase where previously they had been dependent on an outside agency to build their iOS App, but decided to move this in-house for various reasons.
- Brainstormed and problem-solved, along with the Postr founder, this app where it was insanely easy and delightful for the users to create and share posters by allowing them to select from plenty of presets or to create their own from scratch. Defined and designed the main product—Postr iOS app—from scratch; including delightful animations, typography presets, and the design of the poster templates.
Technologies: Sketch, Quartz Composer, Xcode, Principle, Origami, Pixelmator, MarvelApp, InVision, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Adobe Photoshop, SAAS, B2B, B2C