2018 - PRESENT
- Designed a number of mobile products that transform creativity including Lightricks' award-winning apps (FaceTune, Enlight Photofox, Enlight Videoleap, Enlight Quickshot and Enlight Pixaloop) which are used by tens of millions of mobile creators proving that mobile can be an amazing platform for creating content, not only for consuming it.
Technologies: Sketch, Xcode, Origami Studio, Principle
Lead Product Designer
2013 - 2018
- Spearheaded the research and design of "List on eBay" integration which resulted in a partnership between Snupps and eBay and raised eBay's C2C KPIs beyond expectations.
- Redefined the main product to ensure the best experience possible across all of the supported platforms: iOS, Android, and web.
- Led and managed the product design team.
- Conducted user testing sessions to discover usability issues and gather feedback to improve the product.
- Identified and prioritized product development tasks based on the end-value for both the user and business itself.
- Helped to reshape the product in a critical transition from a private inventory organizer to a social platform for the customers to discover, share, and socialize around their interests.
- Created complex interactive prototypes to test out the possible solutions and communicated and specified designed interactions to the development team.
- Led the group brainstorming sessions to identify possible product development opportunities.
- Performed user data analysis and research to support the user-centered iterative product design and development.
- Pitched ideas and product improvements to stakeholders. Worked closely with co-founders to define and design their feature proposals.
- Worked closely with the engineering team on technical analysis to further understand constraints and ensure that the end-solutions are as efficient as possible, maintainable and future-proof while keeping the user experience up to high standards and solving any end-user problem.
- Ensured flawless delivery of the design spec, documentation, and assets to the development team and participated in the ongoing development support and testing.
- Worked on the Snupps app which has been featured by both Apple and Google on App Store and Google Play.
Technologies: Sketch, Quartz Composer, Principle, Xcode, Form, OmniGraffle, OmniPlan, CSS, Swift, HTML, React, Origami Studio, Principle
Freelance Lead Product Designer
2008 - 2018
- Designed Halligan: a SaaS which enables first responders to comply with DEA regulations, perform checks and keep track of trucks, equipment, and inventory. Worked closely with the founders, engineers and core customers to deliver the greatest value to the consumer at the lowest cost to the business. Helped identify and define a highly competitive feature set in order to make the product into an incredibly attractive solution to many businesses despite the existence of many mature and resourceful competitors. Responsibilities include maintaining a design system and specification of the product for different levels of account permissions and white-labeled variations—all across the web, iOS, and Android. Halligan has been acquired by Vector Solutions in January 2019.
- Designed the UI/UX for the Wait app (2015) which helps users decide which restaurant, bar, or coffee shop to go to by informing them of wait estimates in the area. Utilized market research and potential user interviews. Identified essential features and simplified the user interface; this allowed users to achieve their goals in an amazingly short amount of time and delighted them along the way. The biggest challenge was to deal with the constraints of the MVP and deliver the best user experience possible to verify the market fit and allow users to seamlessly view wait times for venues around them, seamlessly add waiting times, and to share the wait times with other users.
- Worked closely with the Kakaxi CEO to form the idea into the Kakaxi product that is essentially a nexus between farmers and the consumers they feed. Kakaxi (Japanese for a scarecrow) enables consumers to tap into local farms through the app, providing them with data, photos, and time-lapse video about the food they eat. In addition, Kakaxi allows consumers to share photos and recipes of the dishes they have made using the ingredients that they have received from the farmers. Kakaxi bridges the gap between food and information, empowering consumers and producers through better farm-to-fork transparency.
- Designed both the iOS and Android versions of the Shopcade (2013) product from the ground-up and redefined the overall visual language of the product while taking business goals and constraints in mind. Completely rebooted the iOS app with the new iOS 7 language in mind and focus on the user experience. It was a critical phase where previously they had been dependent on an outside agency to build their iOS App, but decided to move this in-house for various reasons.
- Brainstormed and problem-solved, along with the Postr founder, this app where it was insanely easy and delightful for the users to create and share posters by allowing them to select from plenty of presets or to create their own from scratch. Defined and designed the main product—Postr iOS app—from scratch; including delightful animations, typography presets, and the design of the poster templates.
Technologies: Sketch, Quartz Composer, Xcode, Principle, Origami, Pixelmator, MarvelApp, InVision, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Adobe Photoshop, SAAS, B2B, B2C
Lead Mobile Product Designer
2012 - 2013
- Worked closely with the Chess.com co-founder to redefine the iOS app interface.
- Cleaned up and redesigned the UI style based on user feedback and user interaction data. Established and applied consistent visual style across the whole product.
- Collaborated with the head of UX to ensure great user experience and consistency across the supplementary platforms (web and Android).
- Created various marketing materials to help promote the product across various platforms.
- Designed the iOS app which is currently the highest rated chess app with around 2,300 5-star reviews and over 10 million users world-wide.
Technologies: Sketch, Adobe Photoshop
Lead Product Designer
2011 - 2012
Etosi Development, Inc.
- Worked on various social, discovery, and transactional products for restaurants and foodies.
- Designed the wireframes which were based on the stakeholders' core vision and user feedback.
- Established a unique and appealing UI design that followed the platform conventions and patterns so that the product is easily recognizable as well as obvious and familiar to the end user.
- Created and pitched interactive prototypes of the proposed solutions to the main stakeholders. This process was critical in order to clearly communicate the designs.
- Worked closely with a group of talented developers to ensure clarity of the delivered spec and efficient implementation of the end design.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Xcode