Verified Expert in Design
Sasha is a product designer with a background in information design and human-computer interaction. She is experienced in building web and mobile applications—providing smart solutions and understanding business and product strategy. She designs B2B and B2C products and converts problems into simple, friendly flows that make people's lives easier. Over the years, Sasha has worked with leading companies such as Informatica and Zalando.
Lead Product Designer
- Designed a platform for running a daycare from the concept to a fully running software for daycare owners, teachers, parents, and their kids.
- Planned and prioritized product features based on the company vision map. Ran product discovery sessions with the team and validated concepts and prototypes with customers and knowledge experts.
- Was called the "best product designer" the product owner had ever worked with.
Senior Product Designer
- Designed system infrastructures and workflows catered to the unique needs of key stakeholders: clients, service companies, and suppliers.
- Streamlined a complex application process by transforming it into a user-friendly wizard. This allowed users to easily navigate between steps, save drafts, and ultimately enhance their overall experience with the application.
- Recognized that tables were a fundamental tool in the daily workflow of key users and put a strong emphasis on their design. I carefully crafted interactions with tables and their internal navigation, with a keen focus on improving productivity.
- Devised a pattern for formula creation. This included intelligent suggestions and the ability for users to pick from a range of proposed options, making the process more intuitive and efficient.
Senior UX Designer
- Designed an Air Quality Index (AQI) portal for desktop and mobile applications.
- Spearheaded the creation of a design components library that served as a unified resource for all design elements.
- Developed an interactive prototype, bringing the design concept to life. This allowed stakeholders to visualize the end product and interact with it.
Lead Product Designer
Nordic Aviation Capital
- Designed a web system for aircraft maintenance record management. The system helps keep key data related to orders and transfers, audits, and insights.
- Used machine learning techniques such as computer vision to organize documents into the right categories, detect poor quality, and bring other valuable insights.
- Built the interactive prototype for easy communication with the development team, as well as for the presentation to other stakeholders.
- Ran product discovery sessions to understand the product and the target audience better. Constantly iterated on the feedback and tried out new approaches.
- Designed product information architecture, UI, and an interaction concept.
- Built user stories and interactive prototypes for gathering user feedback and as a reference for the developers.
- Conducted product discovery sessions to build the product canvas, understand the target audience, and make the first hypothesis for further validation.
- Built user stories and user journeys through the product. Created mockups and conceptual interactive prototypes.
- Prepared a video and web presentation for the investor's pitch.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Designed the way for users to apply their themes and templates when building custom user surveys.
- Created a way for users to order the panel members to their survey easily.
- Provided recommendations and designs to integrate a new chart engine.
- Designed new components and interaction patterns for user surveys.
- Collaborated with a brilliant team to design new functionality and retire the one the user did not use.
- Designed a data platform for executive managers, data analysts, and business developers.
- Worked closely with the product owner and business users to understand requirements and translate them into user flows and product design.
- Designed several products, which are parts of the more significant Industry 4.0 suite: data graph manipulation and ontology designer, data load, data visualization and forecasting, user manager, and virtual simulations.
- Oversaw the design of B2B products and services that make the day-to-day work of Zalando's partners (brands) more efficient. In particular, my focus was brand CMS and analytics.
- Communicated with users, consumers, stakeholders, and colleagues, ensuring that business goals and user needs and values were met.
- Translated knowledge from the discovery stage into meaningful experiences and interaction design, from concept to tiny functional details, zooming in and out without losing track of the big picture.
- Ensured that our decisions were not just data-informed but data-driven, proactively sharing stories based on data and inspiring the team to make Google Analytics and another information source their day-to-day habit.
- Challenged the status quo, unafraid to bring a new vision to the table, take responsibility, and bring it to life. Frequently presented new designs and ideas to colleagues, including internal stakeholders.
Senior UX Designer
- Improved the information architecture by rearranging menu items and combining competitive functionalities.
- Simplified the interface by bringing more focus to the primary actions on each screen.
- Redesigned dashboards and product listings.
Open-Groupe (via Toptal)
- Developed the UX and visual design for a platform that allows big companies to find specific services or expertise with the help of consulting firms.
- Created web prototypes to showcase the project's idea and test the concept.
- Produced the design concept for a mobile app to provide on-demand services.
Lead UX/UI Designer
New Cloud Technologies
- Designed consistent UX and interaction designs for text editing and table editing mobile apps on Android.
- Created a collaboration app for Facebook Messenger.
- Led the redesign of the corporate website together with the marketing department.
- Introduced the concept of tracking changes to the text editor app.
- Worked on a variety of UX/UI projects for office applications.
- Led UX/UI design and development session, and managed the team of five.
Senior UX Designer
- Conducted user studies and user research, ran product discovery sessions.
- Introduced a design-thinking perspective into a tech-centric product team.
- Developed a new concept for MDM Informatica's products.
- Designed the information architecture and UX for a master data management platform and built solutions on top of it.
- Created the UX/UI for provisioning services like Population Override Management.
- Contributed to Informatics's UX/UI corporate pattern library.
Senior UX Designer
- Designed a web platform for teachers, students, and their parents.
- Worked to increase parents' engagement within the system.
- Gathered feedback and inspiration for future concepts through conducting user tests, interview sessions, co-designing workshops, and many other research activities.
- Incorporated user-centered design processes.
- Enhanced the UX/UI in an iPad app for teachers.
Postgraduate Design Engineer
Eindhoven University of Technology
- Designed a light platform that facilitates information visualization and communication in an intuitive and unobtrusive way to enhance user experience in the breakout area of modern offices.
- Researched and published "How Does User Feedback to Video Prototypes Compare to That Obtained in a Home Simulation Laboratory?"
- Designed a prototype for a voice application that helps drivers work with their mailbox while driving.
- Conducted various observation studies in order to collect patterns of user behavior during the decision-making process.
- Participated in a number of user studies that helped collect data for future concepts, validate ideas, and get feedback on products in use.
Engineering Doctorate (EngD) in User-System Interaction
Eindhoven University of Technology - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Master's Degree in Applied Informatics in Information Design
St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University - St. Petersburg, Russia
Exchange Program in Multimedia Design
Kymenlaakso University of Applied Sciences - Kouvola, Finland