Verified Expert in Design
Sharif helps startups and brands build experiences founded on purpose. He believes the design of anything begins at the nexus of people and problems. Sharif is empathy-driven and uses principles to inspire and guide his design process. He is attracted to complex problems and works tirelessly towards simplicity and meaningful impact. Sharif has an unhealthy obsession with world football and has traveled across the world to experience matches in person.
- Led the design and strategy for the first tele-vet app for pets. It has a 5-star app rating.
- Co-founded a fan experience venture in partnership with two NBA teams: Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns. Launched with 80,000 fans.
- Founded the UX Lab at CBS studios to explore how to re-invent the mobile watching experience.
- Helped lead the design and research efforts for LiveFyre, which was acquired by Adobe.
- Designed the first trace and track consumer experience on blockchain for Proctor & Gamble Tampax.
- Designed the first blockchain app that tracked the lineage of cotton being used in fem-care products at P&G worldwide.
- Led design explorations to track the lineage of high-value artwork for Sotheby's.
- Led branding efforts for supply chain start-up Treum.io.
- Represented the design team around the world at ETH conferences, where we led product workshops for blockchain startups.
- Designed asset management platform for agriculture and pharma industries.
Principal Product Designer
- Led discovery effort to uncover the biggest support ticket drivers on the six platforms.
- Redesigned the data-tagging system and email design platform.
- Led conceptual explorations to reimagine the user experience of the biggest event management platform in the world.
- Led design efforts to reimagine social curation and listening tool.
- Ran customer workshops and synthesized findings in a company-wide brief.
- Designed a new feature that powered social curation streams from all channels into live publications. Clients could quickly define rules for what to save and what to ignore to help organize user-driven content into a Dropbox-like system.
- Founded the Watch Lab where the team would experiment with new tech and experience design for the CBS streaming apps.
- Redesigned CBS home page and integrated new features including "friend ratings" and "MyCBS."
- Redesigned mobile app experience and led user interviews and QA for the build iterations.