Verified Expert in Design
Tom is a digital product designer with more than 15 years of experience in this field, designing products (strategy, UX, and visuals), facilitating workshops, and leading design teams. He worked with companies of all sizes from various industries and taught design courses, including university courses. Tom believes that great products are not only useful, usable, and desirable, but also meet business requirements. He is a big believer in a process-driven approach to product creation.
Custody Schedule Planner
Founder | Lead Designer
- Managed and coordinated the work of a talented team of designers and freelance partners.
- Ran the most demanding design projects for clients from multiple industries (automotive, fintech, entertainment, and healthcare).
- Worked with many great clients building amazing apps like Beat Stars (the number one music beats marketplace), Daily Art (a mobile app for art lovers with more than 1 million active users), and Timebook (a time and project management tool for individuals and teams), etc.
- Taught UX design in multiple courses and at Social Science University in Warsaw, Poland.
- Gave keynotes at various design meetups and conferences (Dribbble Meetups, Figma Meetups, Design Way Conference, and the Agile Unlocked Conference). My biggest audience was 800 people.
University of Social Science and Humanities
- Ran multiple editions of the Digital Product Design and Prototyping Program at SWPS.
- Taught 60+ master's students from three different groups.
- Obtained the best rating (4,8) from students in 2021 for my program.
- Created a personalized teaching program for learning UX/UI design and prototyping.
Head of Design
- Grew the ELP design team from three to eleven specialists. I also managed the team daily, coached my team members, and helped them grow (both junior and senior members).
- Established design and management processes for the team's internal affairs and a design process used in all of our design projects.
- Completed several demanding projects from multiple industries, such as a digital application for managing company finances, a lifestyle web portal (1+ million unique visitors/month), employee engagement software, a digital wallet for managing crypto assets, etc.
- Design-directed multiple projects delivered by my subordinates and helped with many demanding clients.
Senior Web Designer
- Coordinated the development of a GOG commerce platform.
- Art-directed several in-house ventures: promotional campaigns, own sites, and more.
- Worked as a part of the web team in Scrum/Agile.
- Closely cooperated with the web front-end and back-end developers.
- Worked as a part of a multinational team of more than 90 people.
- Worked in-house at a startup-like company.
Head of Digital Design
Mullen LOWE Warsaw
- Managed and coordinated the work of the digital design team.
- Worked on many advertising campaigns for the world's top brands including Ballantines, Seat, BNP Paribas, McDonald's, and more.
- Art-directed the seating online presence in Poland in 2014 and 2015.
- Designed a mobile application for presenting a banking offer for one of the world's biggest banks.
- Served as a jury member (design category) at KTR (Advertisements Maker Association) Contest - the biggest Polish creative contest.
- Worked as a creative director on many company ventures including my own productions and client work.
- Realized over 20 complex projects including designs of CRM systems, banking applications, and my own mobile productions.
- Worked as an art director on Xmas Camera - the app featured by Apple as new and noteworthy in 2013, as well as many blogs like Gizmodo, Redmond Pie, and Engadget.
- Managed and coordinated the work of many company partners and freelancers.
- Designed the complex visual identity for HeadsApp.
- Designed few full-scale corporate identities including logo, promotional materials, and brand books.
- Won the contest for the "Conscious Parenting" website design.
- Worked on the art direction for an event organizer company's rebranding.
- Designed many promotional print materials for one of the most popular Polish clothing companies.
- Designed a website for one of the most promising young Polish architects.
Bachelor's Degree in Design
Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology - Warsaw, Poland