Verified Expert in Finance
Technology Advisory Expert
Akshay is an entrepreneur, executive, and management consultant focused on solving key business problems. As a technology strategy executive, he has worked with Fortune 500 organizations on data platforms, AI, machine learning, and launching data products. Akshay has a proven track record in bringing products to market and managing technical, operational, and financial risks.
Entrepreneur In Residence
- Identified, built, and launched digital data products to the market while serving as an entrepreneur in residence.
- Drove data foundation and data architecture to enable new digital solutions. The key focus was on machine learning and NLP to increase revenue opportunities and decrease operational costs.
- Developed the go-to-market strategy for commercializing the product.
Hammer Of The Gods
- Co-founded Hammer Of the Gods, a deep tech company focused on bringing AI and machine learning to edge devices. Built and patented container technology for edge computing.
- Raised over $1 million in pre-seed funding from top Silicon Valley venture capitals. Commercialized the first WebAssembly-based machine learning runtime for any device or cloud.
- Led sales efforts and closed deals with customers, which resulted in the acquisition of our technology by one of our key customers.
Executive Vice President
- Joined the company through the acquisition of doc.ai, which has built industry-leading AI for remote virtual clinical trials and is a holder of several patents in the field of private computing on healthcare data.
- Led AI strategy and implementation for a public company as part of the executive team. Involved in a new market and product creation.
- Built Silicon Valley's top healthcare AI team and grew it to 50+ engineers before the acquisition. Involved in closing and delivering deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Hired professionals from schools such as MIT, Stanford, and Berkley and places like Google and Facebook to build a world-class talent in AI in healthcare.
Head of Product and Engineering
- Built the nation's first healthcare API for most types of health data, including labs, pharmacies, medical records, and devices. Pioneered consumer-mediated access to health data.
- Designed and built a clinical data platform. The data platform included ingesting, parsing, data quality checking, and ETL in near real time. Engineered the data platform to achieve robustness and reliability.
- Drove HIPAA compliance, security, and information security to serve hundreds of healthcare customers.
Ensighten (acquired by Cheq.ai)
- Built a tag-serving platform. Started as a senior engineer and grew to a lead engineer managing the entire product.
- Created a client-side data layer for conditional tag firing and a no-code environment for any marketer to build and deploy tags with advanced controls for firing them.
- Managed and grew the team to support the most critical revenue product for Ensighten.
Software Engineer (Contract)
- Contributed to enterprise security products by writing a large amount of code across several key enterprise web applications. Worked on in-house tools for performance monitoring.
- Developed and maintained a suite of common product components. The components were API and web-based products used by many other platform applications.
- Played a key role as a member of the application platform team working on content management system APIs, platform security, and performance engineering. The platform team scaled three million digital products across 60+ countries.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring