2014 - PRESENT
Modern Industrial Investment Group
- Collaborated closely with project teams and various public and private financial institutions and successfully secured financing for projects ranging from $15 million to $2.5 billion.
- Prepared financial feasibility of various projects in the chemical, mining, renewable energy, automotive, and healthcare sectors with total project costs ranging from $30 million to $5 billion.
- Carried out detailed due diligence of projects in various sectors from the buyer side and determined the market value using valuation models. Successfully negotiated the value of projects with suppliers and managed to close the deal.
- Reduced the stock turnover from 180 days to 45 days by monitored consumption against forecasts. Isolated slow and fast-moving items and identified new suppliers with short lead times.
- Slashed the operating costs for group companies by up to 10%, enhancing the profit margins without impacting commercial progress.
- Prepared a financial feasibility study for vertical farming projects. The study identified the investment requirement, commercial model, and which combination is the most profitable.
- Carried out market research for new projects and established pricing strategy and sales term based on customer segment.
- Prepared the initial budget of three EPC contracts worth more than $500 million, a monitoring mechanism to ensure overall cost remains within the budget, and a mechanism for invoicing and collection—arranged initial finances for the projects.
Focus areas: Corporate Reporting, Financing, Corporate Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), CFO, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Investments, Fundraising, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Startup Funding, Business Models, Startups, Revenue & Expense Projections, Early-stage Startups, Equity Valuation, Forecasting, Private Equity, Excel 365, M&A (Buy-side), Private Company Valuation, Due Diligence, Sage ERP, Pricing Models, SaaS
2011 - 2014
Modern Chemical and Services
- Established the finance department of a newly established company.
- Hired and trained the finance team and established accounting policies.
- Collaborated with board members to establish management reporting for stakeholders.
- Led Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF) to secure 75% of the total project cost from SIDF for seven years with a grace period of two years. SIDF financing carries interest of less than 2% per annum.
- Set up a pricing model for the company products according to customer segments and established the sales term for various customer segments.
Focus areas: Accounting, Budgeting, Taxation, Acquisitions, Debt Raises, Financials, Startups, Revenue & Pricing Support, Interim CFO, Forecasting, Excel 365, M&A (Buy-side), Pricing Models, SaaS
2002 - 2011
- Led the external audit as a lead manager of Saudi Telecom Company, Zain Saudi Arabia, National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia, Ericsson, and Nokia.
- Delivered team-based financial advisory services to Zain Saudi Arabia during the initial public offering (IPO) and performed due diligence to increase the company's share capital.
- Seconded to PwC Sweden to conduct Ericsson’s SOX control testing and PwC Finland to perform Nokia’s SOX control testing.
- Led the internal audit of Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) customer care project.
Focus areas: Audits, Compliance, SOX Compliance, Financing, Real Estate, Business Analysis, Forecasting, Excel 365
1999 - 2002
Maher and Accountants
- Helped newly established companies to set up their finance departments.
- Advised companies on the optimal capital structure.
- Provided accounting services, where I was preparing the books of accounts in accordance with statutory regulations.
Focus areas: Accounting, Consulting