Investor2015 - 2018Lakewood Capital
Focus areas: Finance Strategy, Equity Research, Investment Memoranda, Valuation, Financial Modeling
- Analyzed and sourced long and short investments at a hedge fund with $5 billion under management.
- Combined a detailed financial analysis with in-depth fundamental research on the competitive landscape and secular headwinds and tailwinds across many industries including consumer, technology, healthcare, and industrials.
- Prepared concise investment memorandums (PowerPoint, Word, and verbal) detailing investment recommendations and key points of differentiation from what is implied by market prices.
- Built hundreds of complex financial models based on all available public data to forecast earnings power and cash flow generation and sensitized valuation implications across multiple scenarios.
- Led discussions with C-level executives at public companies as well as private competitors, customers, and suppliers.
Investor2013 - 2015Harvard Management Company
Focus areas: Forecasting, Equity Research, Valuation, Financial Modeling
- Evaluated primary investments at Harvard's $35 billion endowment.
- Conducted in-depth industry diligence including historical case studies of key drivers of inflection points in a business's fundamental performance over time.
- Consolidated research findings into a decision recommendation presentation that summarized how research on business-specific drivers and competitive dynamics translate into revenue growth, cash flow generation, returns on invested capital, and ultimately fundamental value creation.
- Built and maintained 3-statement models for all holdings to quantify differentiation compared to consensus and frame range of potential outcomes.
Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions2011 - 2013Evercore Partners
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Valuation, DCF Valuation, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Built dynamic models to analyze accretion/dilution, IRR, pro forma de-leveraging, and value creation based on differing financial goals and limitations of targets and acquirers for proposed transactions.
- Analyzed industry trends to support valuation assumptions and evaluate proposed transaction structures.
- Ranked in the top tier of the analyst class.