Colorado Financial Service Corporation
2014 - PRESENT
- Advised over 10 companies seeking to raise institutional growth capital or execute a sale of their business.
- Produced deal marketing documents including executive summaries, confidential information memorandums (CIMs), management presentations, and pitch-decks.
- Built complete, detailed financial models for several clients used to support raising institutional capital or in the company sale process.
- Produced comprehensive target investor or buyers lists for each client utilizing a proprietary database supplemented with additional investor/buyer resources.
- Provided deal support to other investment banking colleagues in the areas of financial modeling, target buyer lists, and drafting executive summaries or CIMs.
Focus areas: Capital Raising, Growth Capital Raising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Corporate Finance, Strategic Planning, Debt Capital, Venture Funding, Venture Capital, Strategic Analysis, Mezzanine, Venture Debt, Angel/Seed Funding, Business Plan Development, Business Intelligence, Business Plans, Client Origination
OnPoint Venture Advisors
2012 - PRESENT
- Advised client companies in matters including preparation to raise capital, optimal capital structure, and development of capital formation strategy.
- Engaged multiple clients to develop financial models to support raising institutional capital, and provided advisory services on investor relations, presentation to prospective investors, and identification of prospective institutional investors.
- Provided outsourced CFO services to clients ranging from FP&A, variance analysis, financial modeling and reviewing financial software vendors.
- Advised a client through a management buyout.
- Build financial models for several clients.
- Provided capital strategy advice to clients.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Strategy, CFO, Capital Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation Modeling, Venture Funding, Financial Benchmarking, Transaction Support, Due Dilligence, Business Plan Development, Business Development
1989 - PRESENT
- Acted as a trained expert in the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)—a comprehensive and systematic process used by the U.S. Army to problem solve and develop comprehensive operational and strategic level plans.
- Worked as a subject matter expert at Mission Command—a decentralized leadership style that promotes speed of action, initiative, and flow of critical information to decision makers.
- Highly skilled in the development and execution of operational plans.
- Held secret security clearance.
- Led a team of 6 subordinates including majors, captains, and senior NCOs.
- Mobilized in support of Operation Enduring Freedom from 2004 to 2006.
Focus areas: Operations, Military Decision Making Process, Mission Command Training, Operations Support, Operation Planning, Training, Team Leader, Leadership Training, Strategic Planning, Operational Planning
2010 - 2012
- Advised dozens of companies on corporate finance transactions including minority equity capital formation, debt capital formation, acquisition funding, M&A, valuations, and fairness opinions.
- Acted as the managing director of the medical device practice at Headwaters MB.
- Produced numerous offering memorandums, executive summaries, investor presentations, and financial models.
- Developed a broad network of institutional debt and equity (PE/VC/mezzanine debt) capital providers as well as corporate development contacts with large strategic buyers.
- Advised several clients on licensing agreements.
- Closed a cross-border transaction—Chinese venture capital.
Focus areas: Capital Raising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Funding, Venture Analysis, Licensing, Financial Modeling, Debt, Corporate Finance, Valuation Modeling, Valuation, Venture Debt, Mezzanine Debt, Valuation Multiples, Business Plan Development, Client Origination
2006 - 2010
- Closed several institutional capital formation transactions including growth equity, debt, and acquisition financing.
- Provided financial advisory to numerous lower and middle market clients to include fairness opinions.
- Built financial models for most of my clients to support capital formation transactions or M&A.
- Provided advice to clients on capital formation strategy, M&A and to some extent, FP&A.
- Produced numerous transaction marketing documents including executive summaries, teasers, CIMs, management presentations, and pitch-decks.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Growth Capital Raising, Capital Raising, Venture Funding, Venture Capital, Venture Debt, Mezzanine, Buy Side Advisory, Sell Side Advisory, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling, Fairness Opinion Reports, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Strategy, Corporate Finance, Business Plan Development, Business Development, Client Origination
Director, Corporate Development
First Data Corporation
2000 - 2002
- Closed an acquisition of a gift card processing company estimated to bring in over $100 million in incremental revenue over the plan period.
- Prospected dozens of potential acquisitions for Western Union, a subsidiary of First Data at that time.
- Originated, got under NDA, and initiated due diligence on several potential acquisitions.
- Led due diligence teams.
- Assisted the VP of Strategic Planning as a liaison with corporate development.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling, Deal Strategy, Strategic Planning, Valuation Modeling, Deal Structuring, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Reporting, Deal Origination
Senior Financial Analyst, Business Development
1998 - 2000
- Formulated the financial projections, valuation analysis, scenario analysis, and significant financial negotiating points that were instrumental in the successful close of a $100 million wireless joint venture.
- Developed financial and valuation analyses that were used in negotiating and closing the divestiture of multi-million dollar paging business.
- Improved the CFO reporting documents provided to corporate finance and investor relations groups by developing and maintaining a comprehensive set of stand-alone business valuation, competitor comparison, and financial metrics.
- Produced numerous financial models to support acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic investments.
- Worked on special projects for the CEO of the Wireless Business Unit—including the development of a plan to create a tracking stock of the business unit.
- Worked directly with corporate development.
- Trained other financial analysts in the art of financial modeling.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Investments , Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, New Business Development, Joint Ventures, Divestitures, Financial Modeling, Valuation Analysis, Valuation Multiples, Valuation, Financial Reporting, Strategic Planning
Equity Research Associate
Roth Capital Partners
1996 - 1998
- Authored over 50 equity research reports—including initiation of coverage, updates, and briefs.
- Produced and maintained first call earnings estimate database and notes. Covered 18 med-tech companies on a continuous basis.
- Assisted in presenting research to institutional money managers and institutional equity sales force.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Financial Modeling, Financial Options, Research Analysis, Market Research, Writing Research Reports, Equity Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Valuation, Stock Tracking
Aon Financial Services
1992 - 1996
- Produced dozens of financial reports to insurance brokers and account executives.
- Analyzed hundreds of companies to gauge financial health which was used to assess insurance risk.
- Created the financial analyst position and defined the role and job description.
- Built dozens of financial models with graphs, charts, and key metrics on companies used in pitch-books and insurance requests.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Benchmarking