Verified Expert in Finance
Johan began his career with PwC, advising on some of the most prominent private equity transactions in the UK and the Nordics. Following a decade as an M&A advisor, he took up a position with a billionaire investor, focusing on turnaround investments, including a US publicly-traded company where he was parachuted in as CFO. Johan held the position of CFO and COO for ConnectedLife, a medical technology company, successfully raising $2.5 million over Zoom during the COVID lockdown in Spring 2020.
COO and CFO
- Raised $2.5 million in a pre-series A round over Zoom during the COVID-19 lockdown of May 2020.
- Built the finance function and developed an organization with corporate infrastructure solely based on cloud solutions, enabling the company to work without physical records. Secured HIPPA and GDPR compliance and ISO certification.
- Developed all investor materials, business planning, financial forecasts, market analysis, set up a data room, negotiated commercial and legal contracts, oversaw all IP transfers, and set up the holding structure.
- Managed a team of six people, along with all corporate stakeholders, including lawyers, accountants, and investors.
ECJ Equity Partners
- Focused on distressed investments, taking control of a publicly-traded US company, where I was parachuted in as CFO, to run the turnaround process. The share price increased from $3 cents to $1 dollar, within a month.
- Acted as CFO to direct a capital raise of $12 million, issued a prospectus to the market (SEC), filed SEC reporting, achieved cost-cutting, acquired 6x air-to-air refueling aircraft, and won a $120 million contract with the U.S. Government.
- Managed a team of five people internally and all external stakeholders, including lawyers, auditors, lenders, bankers, and investors.
- Developed other investments, including technology growth companies, acquiring a travel tech company (liveaboard.com) for portfolio company HEAD, other VC-stage technology and biotech investments, as well as large-scale distressed real estate.
Jamieson Corporate Finance
- Provided corporate finance advice to management teams, going through private equity transactions.
- Completed eight deals in two years with a combined deal value of more than $6 billion, negotiating with international private equity investors including EQT, KKR, HgCapital, TDR, and Carlyle.
- Managed notable private equity transactions, including Pizza Express acquired by Hony Capital for c. $1.5 billion, Moto Hospitality acquired by USS for c. $1.5 billion, and Eurofiber acquired by Anton IP for c. $1 billion.
- Focused on private equity M&A transactions, as lead financial advisor for transactions worth more than $3 billion, ranging from ECI Private Equity’s acquisition of Wireless Logic for $50 million to Cinven’s acquisition of CPA Global for $1.5 billion.
- Advised KKR, Permira, and Providence on consolidating the Nordic telcecommunications market via bolt-on investments to ‘TDC’ (Europe’s largest PE transaction at that time). Buy-side M&A advisor for PE investors on Nordic acquisitions within renewables.
- Ran PwC M&A’s European private equity network, along with the global head of corporate finance, sourcing deals throughout the European market. Further, ran the internal PwC corporate finance training for private equity and financial modeling.
- Oversaw the day-to-day coaching and the career management and progression of the associates in the team.
- Project-managed the client-facing teams comprising various PwC verticals, including corporate finance, tax, accounting, strategy, and transfer pricing for wider PwC M&A engagements.
Master's Degree Course in Business Analysis and Valuation
London School of Economics - United Kingdom
Master's Degree in Accounting, Audit, Finance
Copenhagen Business School - Denmark
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Economics
Copenhagen Business School - Denmark
Certified Turnaround Analyst (CTA)
Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)