Verified Expert in Finance
Jon is a dynamic leader, professional, and multi-field expert. He's passionate about finding solutions to problems and focusing on ones that others have deemed unsolvable. He grasps concepts quickly and enjoys expanding his areas of expertise with each new project. Jon enjoys freelancing as it provides him with a means to establish long-lasting relationships with clients both by providing top-notch services and expertise and becoming an integral personality within their team.
Business Process Expert
- Eliminated five FTE positions through automation. Enhanced job functions for 20 other positions through business process improvement initiatives.
- Helped a client realize 200% ROI on their investment in me over four years.
- Became an integral and highly valued member of the client's team in both the front and back offices.
- Provided detailed analysis on mergers and acquisition targets and presented to the executive team.
Volker Stevin Contracting
- Conducted M&A analysis and gave recommendations to the executive team.
- Spearheaded the client's "raise the bar" initiative resulting in vast improvements to staff capabilities at the parent company and its four subsidiaries.
- Provided detailed analysis on all aspects of the company's operations and identified opportunities for improvement across all business segments.
Finance Manager | Canada
- Managed budgets, strategic plans, audits, and year-end and month-end financial statements.
- Implemented strict internal controls adopted throughout North American operations.
- Led frequent lunch and learn meetings for 100+ employees on adopting digital technology.
Victory Rig Equipment Corporation
- Provided valuation analysis on the sale of our company to an acquirer.
- Managed a team of ten employees in accounting and operations. Led to 50% reduction in inventories, average 20 day decrease in AR aging, and adoption of technology throughout the organization.
- Helped negotiate the terms of a $50 million sale of manufactured equipment to international buyers.
- Oversaw the management of $100+ million projects. Provided support to operations and accounting staff regarding project profitability and recommended improvements.
- Introduced automation to most aspects of the financial analysis function in each department.
- Created a number of spreadsheets that replaced all previous sheets and resulted in vastly improved efficiency in the finance and operations departments.
- Developed Excel models using Solver to optimize tax strategies for professional corporations.
- Audited and provided tax guidance for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Engaged in discussions internal to the organization related to advanced tax and auditing topics.
Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Finance
University of Calgary - Calgary, AB