Investment Banking Associate
2017 - PRESENT
- Involved in all aspects of transactions, including initial due diligence, financial modeling, the production of offering memorandums, and preparation of marketing materials for current transactions and potential clients.
- Built a robust LBO model for a $120 million alcohol distribution company, projecting financials under multiple capital structures. Participated in the negation sessions that led to the acceptance of a non-binding offer.
- Prepared a private placement memorandum as well as a valuation model utilizing four different valuation techniques (discounted cash flow, comparable companies, comparable transactions, and sum-of-the-parts analyses) for a medical device/consumer product company's $15 million equity raise.
- Worked directly with senior bankers to develop and model business plans in order to assist clients with capital allocation and strategic decision making processes.
- Prepared investment memorandums for several private placements across the consumer devices, retail, food and beverage, and life sciences sectors.
- Led and executed investment due-diligence processes for clients in the US and China by evaluating legal, technical, operational, and financial aspects of the companies and industries.
- Drafted and structured a term sheet for the convertible debt financing of an internet-of-things (IoT) startup.
- Evaluated more than 30 early-stage financing engagement opportunities across various tech verticals, including VR/AR, health IT, internet of things (IoT), bit data, robotics, and SaaS.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Modeling, Valuation, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Market Research, Due Dilligence, Equity Financing, Debt Raises, Comparable Company Analysis, Early Stage Funding, Pitchdecks, Teasers, LBO, Strategy Consulting, Market Entry, Fintech, Retail, Biotech, Tech, Medical Devices, Life Sciences
Investment Banking Analyst
2014 - 2016
- Served as a lead analyst on 15 completed or potential transactions worth $1.5 billion in total, including debt and equity placements, sell-side and buy-side M&A transactions, leveraged buyouts, and project finance deals.
- Performed a qualitative analysis of the oil & gas industry, thoroughly analyzed the client company's reserves and production forecasts, and ran a sensitivity analysis to show the impact of various macroeconomic conditions on the assets' valuations.
- Analyzed the biofuels market and drafted views on the federal and state government regulations. Proposed policy changes: outlining the effect they have on the marketplace and M&A activity.
- Managed due diligence requests, scheduled weekly update and Q&A calls, and created supporting materials with respect to assumptions and overall valuation.
- Conducted research on specific companies and different sectors of the tech industry in order to compose marketing materials and company presentations for clients across a variety of verticals, including fintech, SaaS, and mobile.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation, Due Dilligence, Equity Raises, Debt Raises, Market Research, Financial Modeling, Private Company Valuation, Comparable Company Analysis, Business Plan Development, Investor Decks, Leveraged Buyout Model, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Capital Raising, PPM Development
2012 - 2015
- Worked on a strategic planning project for a $1.5 billion military logistics company based in Saudi Arabia. Identified potential growth opportunities for the company, focusing on value creation both through organic growth and mergers & acquisitions.
- Developed competitor profiles and thoroughly evaluated competitors’ growth patterns to help the client prioritize various strategic expansion opportunities.
- Helped analyze trends impacting military contractor's customers; also researched potential geographic markets of interest to the client, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Worked on a strategy development project for a Chicago-based investment management firm. Explored small institutional investor segments and their asset allocation strategies to determine which customer segments the company should target to offer its fixed income expertise.
- Conducted research on the asset allocation trends, focusing on shifts to alternative investments by major pension funds and endowments, to address a challenging low yield market environment.
- Performed market research and helped develop a financial model for a P2P lending startup based out of Chicago Booth. Researched customer acquisition strategies and sales conversion rates, utilizing primary and secondary sources in order to develop assumptions for the customer acquisition funnel.
Focus areas: Strategic Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Market Research, Financial Modeling, Strategy, Competitor Profiles, Business Plan Development, Pricing Analysis, Data Analysis, Startup Consulting, Growth Strategy, Profitability Analysis