Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Rohini has 13+ years of experience in property and casualty (P&C) insurance. As an industry professional and a management consultant, she has helped insurers build and manage products, develop competitive strategies, and build capabilities through transformation. Rohini joined Toptal to leverage her experience in helping startups and large insurers solve challenging problems.
Independent Management Consultant
- Partnered with the C-suite and the executive leadership team of a leading small commercial insurer to develop its US 2025 strategy by analyzing customer profitability, competition, and operating costs.
- Determined the product strategy for two specialty products by assessing the target addressable market, underwriting flow, profitability across customer segments, and efficacy of distribution channels.
- Assessed a digital platform's excess liability startup space by conducting a thorough analysis of competitors' products, distribution channels, funding, and revenue models.
- Led the delivery team to confirm strategies, align capabilities to vision, develop a transformational roadmap, and design underwriting, claims, and distribution processes for a large P&C insurer.
- Achieved day-one readiness for the largest M&A deal in the P&C space by initializing and managing the project management office, analyzing FTE needs, and redesigning front-end processes with the greatest impact on the end customer.
- Managed the requirements gathering team to help launch a disruptive commercial insurance startup offering business owner policies and commercial auto and workers' compensation products.
Pricing and Product Analyst
- Supported the P&L management of the commercial auto (CA) product in Florida and New York, two of the largest CA states at Progressive, by developing sales strategies, reviewing pricing, managing and filing product changes, and approving exceptions.
- Introduced cargo and GL commercial auto products through collaboration with R&D and product management teams to develop competitive products that generated $4.6 million in incremental revenue.
- Managed pricing in four states, generating $150 million in annual premiums by completing state-specific growth, competitor, profitability, and retention analyses.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Ross School of Business, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
Washington University in St. Louis - St. Louis, MO, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring