2003 - PRESENT
SHAFA Invesco | eHealth Ventures (Shapiro Fainbraun Family Office)
- Made investments on behalf of the family office; the investments include, real estate investment and development, consumer retail companies, and technology investing through eHealth Ventures.
- Acted as a founding partner and investment committee member of eHealth Ventures (a global early-stage digital health venture fund in partnership with the Israeli government, Maccabi Health Care, and Mayo Clinic).
- Worked as an active investor in our portfolio companies, advising finance, funding, and growth strategy often times have acted in the roles of interim CFO, head of the company, and a business development source.
- Built a private portfolio over several years—I have seen hundreds, if not thousands of presentations and worked on many fundraisers and bank financing rounds. Looked at presentations through the eyes of the entrepreneur, banker, and investor.
- Grew our small real-estate business after a sudden family death into a diversified investment practice in what is now Shafa which includes: Phoenix Construction, Marlton Development Partners, Total Shading Solutions, and eHealth Ventures.
- Worked as a contractor offering fractional CFO services for select companies. Currently performing these duties for a large regional medical practice and a VC-funded cloud platform company.
Focus areas: Project Management, Investment Modeling, Valuation, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Statistical Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, Financial Modeling, Risk Management, Due Diligence, Investment Strategy, Structuring, Startup Growth Strategy Development, Team Leadership, Investment Portfolio Management, Fundraising, Due Diligence Consultant, Digital Health, Healthcare Services, Startups, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Freelancing, Real Estate, Business Models, Strategy, Fiscal Management, Banking & Finance, Corporate Finance, Private Company Valuation, Finance, Business Modeling
2013 - 2016
- Grew this company, as one of the four founding partners of Streetsense, into a multi-disciplinary design and strategy firm specializing in retail, real estate, hospitality, and public sector work. Streetsense Capital focuses on consumer retail growth businesses.
- Used the "place creation skills" of Streetsense which include market selection, site, and design in order to make intelligent investments where we could affect the success of portfolio companies.
- Created the due diligence and investment guideline process which combined the intellectual of Streetsense with along with financial capital with the goal of creating outsized returns for our investors.
- Worked as an active board member in Dolcezza Gelato: rapidly growing the gelato, coffee, and pastry concept with stores in the DC metro region and distribution in Whole Foods through the entire Mid-Atlantic United States.
- Worked as an active board member Zengo Fitness, one of the quickest growing fitness concepts in the Washington, D.C. area with an upcoming national expansion.
- Advised, at the same time, several regional fast-growing companies on finance and growth strategy, fundraising, and deal structuring as well as general business matters.
Focus areas: Startup Growth Strategy Development, Investment Modeling, Project Management, Due Diligence, Business Planning, Investment Strategy, Valuation, Structuring, Fundraising, Startups, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Business Models, Strategy, Fiscal Management, Banking & Finance, Private Company Valuation, Finance, Business Modeling
2001 - 2003
SRS Capital Advisors
- Evaluated the possible acquisition of companies on behalf of clients. Helped manage, structure, and consummate those transactions.
- Played a leading role in the merger of several portfolio companies run by the parent firm (MPM Capital, one of the world’s largest biotechnology venture capital firms) from negotiating deal structure to board presentations and buy-in.
- Worked extensively with the management of a Fortune 500 company and its investors from Welsh Carson to Goldman Sachs, as well as other large firms, to manage a large PIPE investment.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Statistical Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, Valuation, Investment Strategy, Due Diligence, Fundraising, Finance
1999 - 2001
Spectrum Capital Partners
- Evaluated trading desk strategies primarily for oil and energy sector through valuation, news, intra/inter day dynamics, rotational, and technical parameters.
- Played a key role in the company’s trading success by creating and executing directional and catalyst-driven sector trading strategies including long/short, basket trading, index replication, pairs trading, and risk arbitrage.
- Performed back-testing, implementation, and evaluation of new trading strategies through the development of Excel, VBA applications, and other statistical analysis software.
Focus areas: Investment Portfolio Management, Quantitative Analysis, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Risk Management, Due Diligence, Investment Strategy, Finance, Business Modeling
1997 - 2001
HSBC Securities (Formerly Republic National Bank of New York)
- Published sovereign debt trade recommendations, market/country commentary, and daily bond yield reports for internal bank departments and client base.
- Provided all the fixed income analytics and valuation modeling for emerging markets.
- Participated in sales efforts targeting hedge funds and multinational corporations.
- Contributed to successful trading operations by developing and testing mechanized trading systems, including neural networks, pattern recognition, and straight technical analysis systems for emerging market bonds, currencies, futures, and indices.
- Supported the global sales desk by providing technical/sales assistance in research and analysis of diverse financial instruments and products.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Quantitative Analysis, Investment Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Due Diligence, Investment Strategy, Business Modeling