- Managing Partner2003 - PRESENTSHAFA Invesco | eHealth Ventures (Shapiro Fainbraun Family Office)
Focus areas: Investment Portfolio Management, Team Leadership, Startup Growth Strategy Development, Structuring & Developing Financial Investment Entities, Investment Strategy Development, Due Dilligence, Risk Management, Financial Instruments & Modeling, Quantitative Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Company Valuation, Business/Investment Modeling, Project Management
- Made investments on behalf of the family office; the investments include, real estate investment/development, consumer retail companies, and technology investing through eHealth Ventures.
- Helped—as a founding partner and investment committee member—to manage, and grow eHealth Ventures into a world-class digital investment platform. (eHealth Ventures is a global $40M early stage digital health venture fund in partnership with the Israeli government, Maccabi Health Care, and the Cleveland Clinic Innovation Center. LPs include strategic investors such as Amgen.) Used what I learned at SRS Capital and Streetsense to help create a leading value-creating investment platform. If we can't make it successful, we won't invest in it.
- Used my expertise, as an active investor in our other portfolio companies, to help with finance, funding, and growth strategy. Three examples are Dolcezza Gelato, Zengo Cycle, and Intendu Medical: where I have acted in the roles of interim CFO, head of the company, and a business development source.
- Built this private portfolio over last several years—I have seen hundreds, if not thousands of presentations and worked on many fundraisers and bank financing rounds. I now look at presentations through the eyes of the entrepreneur, banker, and investor.
- Expanded a small real-estate business after a sudden family tragedy into a diversified investment business in what is now Shafa Invesco which includes: Phoenix Construction, Marlton Development Partners, Total Shading Solutions, Willco Residential, and eHealth Ventures.
- Managing Partner2013 - 2016Streetsense Capital
Focus areas: Structuring and Developing Financial Investment Entities, Company Valuation, Investment Strategy, Business Plan Development, Due Diligence, Project Management, Business/Investment Modeling, Startup Growth Strategy Development
- Grew this company, as one of the four founding partners of Streetsense, into a multi-disciplinary design and strategy firm specializing in retail, real estate, hospitality, and public sector work. Streetsense Capital focuses on consumer retail growth businesses.
- Used the "place creation skills" of Streetsense which include market selection, site, and design in order to make intelligent investments where we could affect the success of portfolio companies.
- Created the due diligence and investment guideline process which combined the intellectual of Streetsense with along with financial capital with the goal of creating outsized returns for our investors.
- Worked as an active board member in Dolcezza Gelato: rapidly growing the gelato, coffee, and pastry concept with stores in the DC metro region and distribution in Whole Foods through the entire Mid-Atlantic United States.
- Worked as an active board member Zengo Fitness, one of the quickest growing fitness concepts in the Washington, D.C. area with an upcoming national expansion.
- Advised, at the same time, several regional fast-growing companies on finance and growth strategy, fundraising, and deal structuring as well as general business matters.
- Senior Associate2001 - 2003SRS Capital Advisors
Focus areas: Due Diligence, Investment Strategy Development, Company Valuation, Quantitative Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Evaluated the possible acquisition of companies on behalf of clients. Helped manage, structure, and consummate those transactions.
- Played a leading role in the merger of several portfolio companies run by the parent firm (MPM Capital, one of the world’s largest biotechnology venture capital firms) from negotiating deal structure to board presentations and buy-in.
- Worked extensively with the management of a Fortune 500 company and its investors from Welsh Carson to Goldman Sachs, as well as other large firms, to manage a large PIPE investment.
- Trader1999 - 2001Spectrum Capital Partners
Focus areas: Investment Strategy Development, Due Diligence, Risk Management, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Quantitative & Statistical Analysis, Investment Portfolio Management
- Evaluated trading desk strategies primarily for oil and energy sector through valuation, news, intra/inter day dynamics, rotational, and technical parameters.
- Played a key role in the company’s trading success by creating and executing directional and catalyst-driven sector trading strategies including long/short, basket trading, index replication, pairs trading, and risk arbitrage.
- Performed back-testing, implementation, and evaluation of new trading strategies through the development of Excel, VBA applications, and other statistical analysis software.
- Senior Analyst1997 - 2001HSBC Securities (Formerly Republic National Bank of New York)
Focus areas: Investment Strategy Development, Due Diligence, Risk Management, Investment Portfolio Management, Quantitative & Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Published sovereign debt trade recommendations, market/country commentary, and daily bond yield reports for internal bank departments and client base.
- Provided all the fixed income analytics and valuation modeling for emerging markets.
- Participated in sales efforts targeting hedge funds and multinational corporations.
- Contributed to successful trading operations by developing and testing mechanized trading systems, including neural networks, pattern recognition, and straight technical analysis systems for emerging market bonds, currencies, futures, and indices.
- Supported the global sales desk by providing technical/sales assistance in research and analysis of diverse financial instruments and products.