Associate – Investment Banking2017 - 2017Scotia Capital
Focus areas: Transaction Modeling, Financial Modeling, Forecasting, Valuation Multiples, Comparable Company Analysis, Valuation Modeling, M&A Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling
- Built complex financial models for LBO and acquisition transactions incorporating various growth scenarios, sensitivity analysis, and cash flow analysis.
- Completed pitch books, market research, valuation models, comparable and precedent transaction analysis, and transaction structure analysis for North American large-cap companies.
- Managed projects within tight deadlines by collaborating with business teams and colleagues.
- Helped onboard and train analysts in the investment banking division.
University Lecturer2016 - 2017McGill University School of Continuing Studies
Focus areas: Transaction Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Financial Modeling, M&A Modeling, Revenue Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Taught a graduate-level M&A class at McGill University to 25 students with an objective to teach M&A from the point of view of a professional rather than an academic.
- Built the lecture slides, midterm, final exam and research projects to distill the core tenents of M&A into the curriculum.
Partner – M&A, Corporate Finance and Business Advisory2013 - 2017Cafa Corporate Finance
Focus areas: Cash Flow Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Transaction Modeling, Financial Modeling, Valuation Modeling, M&A Modeling, Forecasting, Valuation Analysis, Creative Financing, Equity Financing, Business Advisory, Corporate Finance, Cross-border M&A, M&A (Buy-side), M&A (Sell-side)
- Led the sale of two private companies to Newell Brands and AEA Investors at premium valuations with responsibilities that included managing the process, valuing the company, drafting a teaser and CIM, identifying and contacting 150+ buyers, negotiating the letters of intent, the share and asset purchase agreements, supervising due diligence and driving the transaction to a closing.
- Completed the cross-border acquisition of Air Energy, a Boston-based mid-market distributor of compressed air products, overseeing the valuation, transaction financing, due diligence, negotiations, drafting of the shareholder agreement and the closing of the transaction.
- Raised seed capital for Wirk’n, an employment matching mobile application, by preparing the marketing materials, contacting potential investors and assisting in the closing.
- Acted as an intermediary between lenders and a borrower for the monthly reporting and forecasting needs for a leveraged company helping to restructure the company's debt to enhance cash flow and profitability.
- Prepared company valuations for capital restructurings, estate planning, and financial planning purposes.
- Structured M&A transactions, debt and equity financing, capital restructurings, operating models, budgets and project finance models for clients across industries and of differing size.
Analyst2010 - 2011CAE, Inc.
Focus areas: Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling, Transaction Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Financial Modeling, Forecasting, Valuation Analysis, Finance Structures, DCF Valuation, Valuation, Market Research, Project Evaluation, Project Finance, M&A Modeling
- Structured and executed joint ventures, capital investments and project financing transactions for simulation training centers in the commercial airline, private aviation, mining, and healthcare sectors. The analysis included financial modeling, market research, cost analysis, cash flow forecasting, leverage analysis and ensuring conformity to accounting standards.
- Participated in the closing due diligence and direct client negotiations with senior management in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Worked on multiple projects across business functions including executives, business development teams, accounting and finance departments as well as third-party advisors both locally and internationally.
Analyst2009 - 2010EDC – Export Development Canada
Focus areas: Investment Portfolio Management, Financial Risk Assessment
- Performed public and private fundamental credit risk analysis and due diligence as a member of the risk assessment and portfolio management team.
- Managed a portfolio of credit insurance exposure of CAD 1.5 billion in the light manufacturing and information and communication technology industries.
- Developed a financial model linked to Capital IQ that enhanced productivity for 100+ employees.
Investment Specialist2007 - 2008Royal Bank of Canada
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Delivered mutual fund investment advice and asset allocation for client portfolios.
- Provided financial advice for various types of clients and their different needs.
- Reviewed investment policy statements,.