- Independent Consultant2017 - PRESENTFreelance
Focus areas: Mergers and Acquisitions, Financial Modeling, Supply Chain Optimization and Transformation
- Assisted with a supply chain transformation and optimization project for the fifth largest animal health company in the world that resulted in $12 million of incremental revenue.
- Built a financial model to track and analyze business metrics, produce a daily KPI dashboard, and drive decision-making for a multi-product animal health manufacturer.
- Completed the valuation of a sports-related internet platform and am actively negotiating its $6 million sale.
- Developed a financial model to analyze revenue, material costs, labor costs, manufacturing overhead, and gross profit for an animal health product manufacturer with revenues of $300 million.
- SVP and CFO2015 - 2017Parnell Pharmaceuticals Holdings
Focus areas: Accounting, Corporate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Human Resources, IT, Supply Chain, Investor Relations, Financial Reporting , Budgeting
- Upgraded the enterprise resource planning (ERP) and business intelligence (BI) environments from server-based to web-based, and developed robust data analytics to drive internal decision-making.
- Revamped the revenue and demand forecasting processes to drive over $2 million in manufacturing efficiencies.
- Negotiated and led the implementation of a stock trading platform to allow employees to buy, sell, and track their internal holdings.
- Drove the selection process for IT-managed service providers in the US and Australia.
- Contributed to all board meetings and the audit, governance, and compensation committees.
- SVP and CFO2013 - 2015AgJunction
Focus areas: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Information Technology, Human Resources, Contracts, Investor Relations, Legal, International Business
- Led the $35 million acquisition of Novariant including due diligence, contract negotiations, and the regulatory approval process.
- Helped drive the company from posting $2 million in operating losses to $4.4 million in profits through revenue growth, streamlining operations, and cost reductions.
- Established a metrics-based budgeting platform to drive accountability, prioritization, dashboard reporting, and improved decision-making.
- Converted 401K administration responsibilities—saving over $50,000 annually.
- Recruited a high-performing team that drove over $500,000 of cost reductions.
- Participated in all board meetings and as well as the audit, governance, and compensation committees.
- SVP and CFO2010 - 2012National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative
Focus areas: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Investor Relations, Supply Chain, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Treasury, Investment Analysis, Board Member
- Enhanced the financial reporting and analysis function by eliminating redundant reports, initiating monthly operating reviews, and launching dashboard (KPI) reporting.
- Renegotiated the facility lease, saving the company $14 million over a ten-year period.
- Developed a tax strategy that saved over $20 million in financial commitments by utilizing investment losses to offset long-term capital gains.
- Developed an investment strategy for a $160 million portfolio that increased annual returns by $5 million.
- Contributed to all board meetings including financial reviews and investment recommendations.
- Led the audit committee meetings.
- Vice President, Corporate Development1999 - 2009Embarq (A Division of the Sprint Corporation)
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), General manager, Business Development, Contract Negotiations
- Led the annual planning process and operational analysis for a $1.5 billion division.
- Supervised the sale of underperforming assets which generated $35 million in cash flow.
- Led a series of strategic negotiations that generated over $100 million in annual revenues and $85 million of operating profits.
- Developed and launched a wireless data business that generated over $120 million in annual revenues and exceeded profitability goals for three consecutive years.
- Vice President, Corporate Developement and Finance1994 - 1999Rehab Designs of America
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Debt and Equity Raises, Investor Relations, Accounting, ERP Selection and Implementation
- Structured, negotiated, and integrated 32 acquisitions which enabled the company to grow from $1 million to over $100 million in annual revenues.
- Established accounting systems, policies, and procedures; also built a high-performing finance team.
- Negotiated a complex private financing that raised $20 million in equity; established a $20 million line of credit and reduced interest expense by over $5 million.
- Interacted closely with the board of directors and investors regarding all merger and acquisition transactions.