Remote Project Manager2016 - PRESENTData Gallery
- Created project management consulting services to small and medium-size businesses ranging from business process automation, creating project plans and managing projects, estimating, budgeting, mobilizing resources, helping bring projects back on track and implementation of agile methods to manage projects.
- Assisted small businesses to manage their data, from collecting to analysis and visualization, and creating systems that support data-driven decisions.
- Created project management meetup in the NYC Greater Area to help project managers transition from the waterfall to agile and to help them guide their organizations in the time of disruption and digital transformation.
- Created an extensive library of templates for project management for small businesses looking to utilize freelance and small agencies for the implementation of their ideas.
Certified Scrum Master2020 - 2020Anthem Insurance (via Toptal)
- Joined as a Certified Scrum Master for three UI mobile and web engineering teams tasked with developing solutions for eight million members.
- Delivered five projects: a pharmacy mobile app (IngenioRx), procedures and facilities recommendations based on AI/ML models, a single dashboard consolidating all member info, a virtual avatar prototype, and a mobile-first rapid prototype framework.
- Successfully onboarded three engineering teams in a short span of a few weeks. Implemented a technical client's infrastructure training program for the engineering teams to ensure their success.
- Developed the process and integrated tools for design, product, and engineering teams to be able to work simultaneously on developing rapid prototypes.
- Facilitated all scrum ceremonies and practices, ensuring all team members remain engaged and committed.
Agile Coach | Scrum Master2019 - 2019Reddit (via Toptal)
- Led the agile transformation of three engineering teams that support content management operations.
- Implemented all sprint agile ceremonies and practices and set up Jira as the project management tool for tracking and reporting to senior management.
- Facilitated all agile ceremonies such as daily stand-up, sprint reviews and planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives for three geographically distributed teams, consisting of a roughly equal mix of full-time engineers and remote contractors.
- Assisted in removing team impediments and ambiguity to keep sprint commitments on track.
- Ensured all team members remain committed, engaged, involved, and informed.
Business Development Director2018 - 2018Modev
- Developed the scholarship program for the Alexa Voice Conference by working closely with sponsors and matching them with potential candidates.
- Worked with AI lead generation company as a proof of concept for the conference.
- Created ticket sales campaigns for developers.
- Built sales team with freelancers around the world and created a structure for reporting leads and status of sponsorship contracts.
- Developed sequences, templates, and reports in HubSpot for the sponsorships sales team.
Technical Program Manager2017 - 2017Audible
- Assisted the organization with an agile transformation. Helped transition the content processing technology team to SCRUM (Agile methodology), helping define the cadence, sprint grooming, and planning guidelines, and creating agile project metrics.
- Managed projects and processes that intersect multiple teams, collaborating with engineering, operations, and business stakeholders to implement core business objectives.
- Utilized JIRA for managing user stories and wiki pages for reporting.
- Identified and communicated risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams.
- Worked closely with the product manager, the development team, scrum master, and all business stakeholders.
Business Development Director2015 - 2016Open Data Science
- Developed and setup processes for lead generation, on-boarding, and management of sponsors for the conferences.
- Collaborated with content managers and developers to help drive sponsorship and ticket sales through promotions on the website and social media campaigns.
- Interfaced with conference sponsors.
- Built data science communities around the world by organizing hackathons and meetups.
- Developed products for ODSC like training and recruiting sessions to increase value for the ODSC members.
Technology Manager1997 - 2013Goldman Sachs
- Recruited and managed a team of global developers. Managed their day to day activities as well as mentored them on career development.
- Interfaced with internal business users: traders, operations, legal, compliance, controllers, etc. to create requirements.
- Created and managed annual technology budgets.
- Created project plan timelines and milestones.
- Created a program level reporting framework for projects and for monitoring production metrics.