Chief Product Officer2019 - PRESENTTo The Power Of...
- Created, prioritized, and maintained product backlog for this seed funding-level startup.
- Managed the development team and served as the liaison between them and the CEO/CTO.
- Implemented development best practices in the areas of quality and testing.
- Managed project timelines and development budget.
- Developed grant applications and prepared other funding materials.
Freelance Consultant2018 - PRESENTToptal Projects
- Conducted lightning start involving software development, product backlog development, and UI/UX components for a medical billing software provider looking to launch a new product.
- Worked hand-in-hand with the client, evaluated the need and conducted a cost/benefit analysis of their website project which resulted in recommending a phased delivery with a built-in delay after the initial phase in order to gauge customer response.
- Conducted lightning starts involving software development, product backlog development, and UI/UX components for a company wanting to launch a political website with fantasy-football-type functionality.
- Conducted a brief competitive analysis during a lightning start to help prepare the client for seeking eventual investment funding.
Head of Change Management2017 - 2018Ixaris Systems Ltd.
- Designed and implemented change management plans related to the implementation of Scrum methodology and process improvement.
- Applied change management plans to facilitate the culture of transformation, including a shift to use of OKRs (objectives and key results) for most staff.
- Defined an implementation plan for metrics and worked with the Executive team to prioritize appropriately.
- Presented regularly at all-company town hall meetings on progress/next steps and personally conducted customized training sessions.
- Managed PMO and the project management team, addressing transition issues from waterfall-style reporting to more Scrum-appropriate metrics.
Contract Project Manager2016 - 2017Vodafone Malta (Contract)
- Successfully completed a distressed Siebel CRM Implementation which had been mismanaged by underqualified internal resources.
- Served as technology team liaison to the Oracle consulting team for a major technology project.
- Conducted initial billing project requirements definition for the technology team.
Contract Project Manager2015 - 2016Government of Malta (Contract)
- Led the planning for a €10 million overhaul of the national Pitkalija farmer’s market. Aspects of the project included the technology, location, construction, logistics, workflow, and staffing aspects of the market, as well as comparative analyses of other national markets in Europe.
Interim CIO2013 - 2015Hili Ventures
- Developed and maintained a groupwide 3-year IT strategy and budget for Hili Ventures (serving as interim director of IT) and began building a PMO to support the implementation teams across the group.
- Hired and mentored junior PM staff and led the technical contract teams. Converted strategic plans into prioritized project and action plans and worked with various companies, teams and departments on implementation. Developed and reported multiple sets of corporate KPIs to senior management and at board level on overall performance.
- Led the implementation of Prophix software deployed for groupwide financial consolidation (€150,000 budget).
- Led rollout of Office 365 software for all Hili group companies to facilitate collaboration and other goals (700 licenses deployed over 6 months). Included installation, training, and ongoing consulting on department usage and development of intranet sites.
- Filled in for the COO directing the execution of his operational strategy while he was occupied with an aggressive acquisition schedule.
- Conducted multiple process redesign projects for PTL Limited (included Software Development processes, Help Desk processes, Billing/Invoicing processes). Introduced Agile software development methodology to PTL.
- Guided the PTL software team to receive first-ever ISO 9001 certification, helping them define appropriate processes and document them sufficiently.
Senior Project Manager/Process Manager2005 - 2008BEA Systems
- Created the project office for a start-up telecommunications-focused division of about 50 people, delivering three new products and miscellaneous other projects (maintenance packs, etc.) on an annual timetable using Agile methodologies.
- Delivered strategic projects included annual budgeting and planning, risk assessments for moving an entire product’s development offshore, and implementation of that offshore move to a 100-person Beijing-based team. Oversaw the Beijing team to ensure successful delivery.
- Managed two critical early implementations: one for AT&T with a value of $2 million, and one for Cingular in the range of $5 million.
- Created and managed an early-adopter beta programme designed to provide early access to our software in exchange for customer feedback and personalized implementation support.
- Onboarded the initial department offering, a SIP Server product purchased from a Japanese company. Served as liaison with the Japanese vendor, created initial documentation and installation packages, and worked to set up an internal test environment to allow for internal training and development experience.
Contract Project Manager2002 - 2005Personix (now Fiserv)
- Managed the data integration project for Personix’s major client, Verizon. Worked extensively with Verizon personnel to coordinate data formats, testing, reporting, and planning.
- Led the internal development team for the migration of 10 disparate COBOL systems to a rules-based EAI (Mercator) system.
Operations Project Manager2002 - 2002H3G
- Managed the testing and operational readiness of the application teams, including the flagship Italian go-to-market application “VideoGol”. This application, was the first video sports highlight application delivered by any major telco at the time.
Technical Project Manager2001 - 2002Etnoteam s.P.a. (Contract)
- Led the team of 25 Italian developers delivering 10 discrete WAP and website applications on behalf of Omnitel and Etnoteam for the global launch of Vodafone’s Vignette-based Vizzavi portal.
- Served as liaison to Etnoteam's client (Vodafone's Vizzavi CIO) with a smaller onsite installation team of ten resources, responding to customer requests, changes, and operational requirements.
Director of Technology1999 - 2001Modaexchange.com
- Led development of the original business plan which resulted in a successful seed investment of $1.25 million.
- Designed the integration architecture for combining the inventory and production data across multiple disparate designers' technology systems.
- Negotiated the use of QRS software, representing use of a multi-million dollar system on a revenue-sharing basis with no upfront cash investment.
E-Commerce Lead/Technical Project Manager1998 - 1999Baker Robbins & Company
- Managed two major e-business projects for clients – one Fortune 50 company and one Fortune 500 company. Both projects were firsts in their respective industries and are among the “success story projects” listed on the company’s webpage.
- Managed the Y2K testing and performed some process design for a major division of a Fortune 10 company.
- Led a small development team to build a web-based interface to a CICS system for the purpose of online auto loan applications for a Fortune 10 company.
- Created new legal XML service offerings for Baker Robbins to market to current clients.
Senior Systems Analyst1997 - 1998Compaq Computer Corporation
- Responsible for the requirements definition, planning, prioritization and project management of all Internet projects within North America, as well as representing North American requirements in Global projects.
- Managed a portfolio of 100+ projects, with individual project budgets up to US$11 million. Total portfolio value exceeded $160 million.
- Delivered a customer configurator to allow the online customization of consumer-level machines and SME servers.
- Worked with an external graphic design firm to deliver an award-winning customer service portal.