Aaron F. Liu
Verified Expert in Engineering
Apache Accumulo Developer
Windows, Linux, Command-line Interface (CLI), Python, C++
The most amazing...
...personal project I've coded is a high-performance web server in C++ from the ground up.
Principal Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked as the primary developer on a machine learning malware detection project. Built the hardware. Wrote all the code for training (Python) and production (C++).
- Developed many core features for our Windows desktop product (C++), including user interfaces (Qt), and did low-level Windows hacking.
- Wrote many of the internal libraries used in our desktop products (C++): networking (HTTP/HTTPS), crash handling/stack tracing, pipes, and threading.
- Developed all parts of our error-reporting framework, including the client (C++), the server (Python), and a robot (Python) to migrate the data into our bug-tracking system (JIRA).
- Worked on a project to develop visualizations for healthcare statistics (Flash/ActionScript).
Overwatch (now Textron Systems)
- Developed a tool to ingest satellite images into various databases (Oracle/Microsoft SQL Server), including the user interface (Qt).
- Developed many features of a desktop product (C++), including parts of the user interface (MFC).
Bottle.py, Node.js, Windows API, Keras, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Theano, Scikit-learn
Desktop App Development
Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, SharePoint, Oracle
MySQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server
Web Development, Machine Learning, Command-line Interface (CLI), Apache Accumulo
Subversion (SVN), Flash, Git, Jira
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA, USA
High School Diploma in Computer Science
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology - Alexandria, VA, USA