Artificial Intelligence Engineer and Developer
Abay is an engineer with a relaxed yet determined approach, specializing in computer vision and end-to-end models. He led the creation of a large computer vision product for Apple and built products for governments and global corporations. He also leads a community of over 3,000 AI enthusiasts. Abay's expertise in research and engineering keeps him at the forefront of the latest advancements while remaining grounded in his passion for helping others.
ExperiencePython 3 - 6 yearsDeep Learning - 5 yearsMachine Learning - 5 yearsTensorFlow - 4 yearsPyTorch - 3 yearsComputer Vision - 3 yearsC++ - 3 yearsComputational Neuroscience - 1 year
Linux, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), PyTorch, Python 3, Hugging Face
The most amazing...
...project I have worked on is leading the development of an AI product at Apple.
Autonomous AI Expert
- Helped found a finance AI startup that raised over a million dollars.
- Helped a startup build a computer vision product that they were able to sell to the Japanese government.
- Built an end-to-end vision system for a fashion startup.
Computer Vision Engineer
Eagle Eye Networks
- Developed embedded vision features deployed to tens of thousands of cameras worldwide.
- Prototyped state-of-the-art deep learning methods for surveillance computer vision by harnessing large amounts of surveillance video.
- Created prototypes with various edge accelerators for computer vision.
Computer Vision Engineer
- Developed the vision system that detects people's presence in Apple stores.
- Led the team that developed a computer vision system for Apple store analytics.
- Applied ideas from an academic research paper to a real-world product.
Machine Learning Developer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Joined the company as an intern and was recognized as one of the top three interns.
- Led a development team for an entirely automated financial department. Reported to the CEO and saved the company $3 million.
- Took leadership roles outside everyday work. Led employee volunteering programs, organized hackathons, and taught technical classes on Linux and machine learning.
- Participated in NLP projects, summarizing and classifying company reviews to improve branding and analyzing employee survey text to improve the company culture.
Software Engineer Intern
- Developed and maintained a documentation website, both its front-end and back-end work. Wrote scripts to process and parse EDI files.
- Ran routine jobs and processed health insurance claims. Automated manually run jobs and reports.
- Produced ad-hoc and scheduled reports for different departments. Helped vendors resolve issues and support third-party software.
Why Does Batch Normalization Work?https://abay.tech/blog/2018/07/01/why-does-batch-normalization-work/
Built a Community of Three Thousand Peoplehttps://www.meetup.com/Austin-Deep-Learning/
NumPy, PyTorch, REST APIs, Keras, OpenCV, TensorFlow, Pandas, Scikit-learn, PyTorch Lightning, Node.js
GitHub, Jupyter, Git, Tableau, Vendor Independent Messaging (VIM), Scikit-image, Pytest, Google Cloud AI
Data Science, Automation, ETL, Parallel Programming, DevOps, Web App Design
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MacOS, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Arduino
JSON, Google Cloud, Data Pipelines, Databases, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Vision Algorithms, CSV, Word2Vec, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Modeling, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Image Processing, Neural Networks, Cloud, Machine Vision, Data Reporting, Data Analytics, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Scripting, Deep Neural Networks, Software Engineering, Linear Regression, Clustering, Modeling, Data Mining, Back-end, Back-end Development, AI Design, Analytics, Data Analysis, CCTV, Architecture, Data Visualization, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Statistics, Probability Theory, Numerical Optimization, Optimization, Leadership, Project Leadership, Team Leadership, Fairseq, Transformers, Forecasting, Data Engineering, Automated Data Flows, Cloud Services, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Text Mining, Visualization Tools, Predictive Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Facial Recognition, Big Data, Large Language Model (LLM), Signal Processing, Real-time Data, Hardware, Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI), Hugging Face, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3), ChatGPT, System Design, Object Detection, Object Tracking, Science, Calculus, Programming, Computational Neuroscience, Mathematical Analysis, Robot Operating System (ROS), Microcontrollers, EDI, Distributed Systems, Web Scraping, Generative Research, Internet of Things (IoT), eCommerce, Language Models, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), Amazon Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Embedded Systems, DALL-E
Hadoop, Django, Flask
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Central Arkansas - Conway, AR, USA
Inferential Statistical Analysis
University of Michigan, via Coursera
AWS Machine Learning
AWS, via Coursera
Deep Learning Specialization
DeepLearning.AI, via Coursera
Machine Learning Specialization
Stanford University, via Coursera
The Arduino Platform and C Programming