Head of Engineering2020 - PRESENTYEN's
- Partnered with the CEO to build a platform from scratch. I was the company's first employee and had a 100% remote position.
- Worked closely with the CEO to build a team of engineers; assessed technical skills and cultural fit of candidates, set hiring bar, and made hiring decisions.
- Collaborated with the CEO to build company culture. Developed processes and communication requirements for team members that scale up with a growing team and provided ongoing feedback to engineers.
- Provided technical leadership. Made strategic technical decisions, drove product architecture, aligned technical requirements with business requirements, broke down complex features into smaller, actionable tasks, and helped create a roadmap.
- Delivered the product — fulfilled business requirements, delivered an MVP version of the product, and drove the product toward production quality.
- Wore multiple hats — from writing full-stack code, project management, DevOps and cloud deployment tasks to leadership and hiring.
Technical Interviewer2017 - 2020An Online Hiring Company
- Served as a technical interviewer assessing technical skills of engineers for a technical hiring company.
- Made hiring recommendations, assessed top talent, provided direct feedback to engineers, and evaluated their strengths and weaknesses, including soft skills and communication.
- Ensured that all candidates are provided with a positive experience.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017Cyrus Biotechnology
- Acted as a front-end and back-end engineer (full-stack). I was the company's sixth employee.
- Served as the lead developer of the flagship product called Cyrus Bench. I was the only full-time developer for a while. The product got mentioned in GeekWire.
- Oversaw the MVP and beta launch, the product becoming profitable and raising $8 million for the company.
Software Engineer2013 - 2015
- Served primarily as a front-end engineer on Atlas, Facebook's ad tech acquisition. I also did some full-stack work.
- Collaborated directly with designers to make the UI compelling and leveraged the new React library to make it highly responsive.
- Released the first version of our product during Ad Week 2014, with a huge and very positive impact on the industry and significant press coverage.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Zynga
- Served as a full-stack developer on Zynga's advertising platform. Designed everything from the data model, SQL schema, REST API, and the front end to call that API.
- Wrote code served to customers one billion times per day (ad impressions).
- Worked directly with customers, serving as the help desk for them but also helping collect their business needs.
Software Development Engineer II2007 - 2012Microsoft
- Served as a front-end developer on Exchange OWA, which is currently called Outlook and is part of the Office 365 online suite.
- Conducted design, coding, unit testing, cooperation with UX designers, and implemented redlines.
- Acted an engineer on call for Microsoft Office 365 service, responding to escalations in the product 24/7.
- Contributed to the UI for AdCenter, the Microsoft advertising platform. I was responsible for the design, coding, and testing.