Starting as a Google intern, Ahmad has been leading the development of B2B services and admin web apps since 2015. On projects, he typically makes the architectural decisions about state management, framework selection, testing strategies, folder structure, team load and task allocation, and mentoring junior developers. Ahmad also has built shared UI components libraries, reusable CSS code, higher-order components, and best practices for scalable and maintainable codebases.
Webpack, NPM, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Arch Linux
The most amazing...
...project I’ve developed is an eCommerce build-your-own-online-store web application called GoyaSites, within a startup that I co-founded.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Developed an app that manages each client's assets through a platform allowing employees to access asset information, reserve the asset, or create and respond to a job request needed for asset maintenance.
- Led a team of three through two different projects by assigning tasks and reviewing code, designing, and architecting Angular apps.
- Held workshops to improve the level of testing using a state management library like NGXS.
- Built an Angular component framework that exports many basic components, such as dynamic layout components and a complex search-header module that allows several searching modes through tables of data for all of our projects.
- Designed and coded an Angular skeleton repository that can serve as a starting point for new projects. It ships with folder structure, basic modules structure, HTTP services, interceptors, user authorization, routing, guards, NGXS, and Jest.
- Implemented an online tutoring/consultancy web application using .NET Core Razor Pages. Using Agora video call API, a video conference call was implemented between clients and experts to join after the user book meeting and pay through PayPal.
- Developed a tutoring platform where users book meetings with experts in any field and have a video call with them. Built with React, Next.js, TypeScript, MUI, Tailwind CSS, Agora for video calls, and PayPal for payments.
- Deployed Next.js app on Azure using CI/CD pipelines.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Implemented multiple portal PWAs for creating a nutritional database. Set up the architecture and shared components and decided on frameworks and testing strategies. Decomposed modules into simple Asana tasks with clear and testable requirements.
- Maintained a weekly delivery cycle within a team of 12 front- and back-end developers, designers, DevOps engineers, and a product owner, keeping up with daily standups, weekly sprints, deployments, sprint planning, code reviews, and task QA.
- Developed an Angular web app for creating a nutritional database by decomposing food ingredients text into simple ingredients with their nutritional data, along with an admin view for checking the progress and leaderboards of the team members.
- Created a PWA Angular app for mobile devices to capture photos of branded foods sold in supermarkets and an internal team app to review the photos and convert their data to database entries.
- Maintained a B2C Angular app that served as a nutritional guide and calorie calculator. Raised its performance noticeably by minimizing API hits and caching all unchanged data, decreasing the load on the API.
- Deployed and maintained a CI/CD environment using GitLab pipelines, Helm charts, and Kubernetes to deploy three stages for each app on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), serving a secured deployment on three subdomains.
- Joined a back-end team for a considerable database change and migrations to many microservices, including Python Flask apps, Prisma, and Yoga GraphQL APIs. Took architectural responsibility for which microservices should be removed or changed.
- Migrated Python code to TypeScript that included an algorithm that parsed food ingredients text into an array of ingredients.
- Designed and implemented an algorithm to sort an ingredients list as they appear in a long string, using the Levenshtein distance algorithm to do fuzzy string matching and its modified version to find a string in a text using approximate matching.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Developed a single-page web app targeting mobile that features a 5-year plan tool for a startup bank. It considers all the user's financial aspects and decides which goals they can reach in the coming years.
- Integrated Firebase to host the application since it didn't need a back end.
- Enhanced the app with a chart (that I developed myself) that shows all the user's expenses, debt, and goals through the next five years.
Senior Full-stack Developer | Co-founder
- Developed eCommerce applications, like Shopify, allowing clients to create their online store by registering and entering all their products' information through our admin portal, then publishing their online store with a custom theme.
- Designed and developed an optimized algorithm on the server that calculates a dynamic list of available tags for the user to filter the products according to the available and currently selected tags.
- Participated in the architecture design of the back end and front end so that we could handle multiple store owners in a multiple-tenant database.
Corporate Operations Engineer Intern
- Developed a Python webapp2 internal web application that lists all of Google's worldwide TechStop location information using multiple APIs.
- Serviced TechStop (IT office) daily, offering technical support for Googlers.
- Gave direct support for desktops/laptops, network access and maintenance, phone services, and video conferencing.
Bank Budgeting Apphttps://blankft-teaser-app.firebaseapp.com/
Fuzzy String Matching in Practice
.NET Core, Angular, AngularJS, Angular Material, Razor Pages, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Bootstrap, MUI (Material UI), Django, Jest, Razor, MVC Razor, .NET, Redux, Yoga, Flask, Express.js, webapp2, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Flutter, Django REST Framework, IdentityServer 4
NgRx, React, Node.js, RxJS, jQuery, AngularUI, Material 2, jQuery UI, REST APIs, React Redux, jQuery DataTables, Flask-RESTful, Vue 2, Vue, Vuex
GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Slack, Asana, Microsoft Teams, Angular CLI, Git, Visual Studio, NPM, GitHub, DataTables, Gulp, Webpack, Prisma, Helm, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Mongoose, Agora
Azure DevOps, Testing, Unit Testing, Dynamic Programming, Responsive, Web Architecture, API Architecture, Agile Software Development, REST, Modular Design, DevOps, Prototype-based OOP, Microservices, CQRS
Azure, Windows, Web, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Arch Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
JSON, Azure Cloud Services, MySQL, MongoDB, Google Cloud
String-searching Algorithms, Code Review, Remote Work, Remote Team Leadership, NGXS, Web Development, Algorithms, Single-page Applications (SPA), Competitive Programming, Front-end Development, ACM Problem Solving, CSS5, CI/CD Pipelines, Web MVC, Web UI, PWA, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Development, Websites, Web & Mobile Applications, Responsive UI, Responsive Web Apps, Responsiveness, CSS Frameworks, UI Frameworks, API Integration, Front-end, Front-end Architecture, HTTPS, Code Architecture, Sprints, Sprint Planning, Deployment, Web UX, Mentorship, Mentorship & Coaching, Team Mentoring, Team Leadership, OOP Designs, .NET 6, Pattern Matching, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), APIs, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Scss-lint, Architecture, Leadership, Video Chat, Back-end, Axios, DNS, HTML5 Animations, Pipelines, Automated Deployment Scripts, QA Testing, Teams, Team Building, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Task Analysis, Project Estimation, Estimations, Firebase Hosting, Mobile Apps, Compilers, Networks, Embedded Systems, Cryptography, Cryptocurrency, Software Architecture, Chrome Extensions, Identity Server, Hardware, IT, Microsoft 365
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
German University in Cairo - Cairo, Egypt
High School Diploma in IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education)
Saint Fatima International School - Cairo, Egypt