Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Science Developer
Ahmed is a senior data scientist who loves to dig into his clients' problems and solve them using state-of-the-art data-driven solutions. He can design, implement, and deploy data science solutions to solve problems, optimize outcomes, or automate a process. He's worked with both small and large scale businesses. He focuses on creating business opportunities to optimize the outcome. He educates, refines, and drives himself to be a better person.
The most amazing...
...program I've built forecasts product demand in a multi-branch store to create the best combination of products to put in the store and optimize revenue.
Pfizer - Manufacturing Operations Solutions
- Developed an app that manipulates a secure database, with essential operations like creating, editing, and deleting records, an approval system and auditing, and Excel-like looks and feel; GMP validated and currently in production.
- Created an automated reporting application that takes certain input from users and can generate any of the four reports based on a template and dynamic data retrieved by user choice.
- Implemented an e-signature system in R Shiny using OAuth 2 mechanism.
Python Back-end Developer
SciMar One, LLC
- Developed the core logic of the website back end using Python and hosted on Azure.
- Designed the database architecture for the website back end.
- Designed several Azure Logic apps for curation functionality.
Senior Data Scientist
- Built a program that takes a lung CT scan as an input and gives back a numerical and visualization output of the detected nodules in the scan, along with a malignancy score on the nodule and patient level.
- Worked on dashboard creation, data visualizations, and storytelling using Tableau, linked to multiple data sources; these dashboards were built to communicate findings with technical and non-technical people.
- Developed a receipt Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and text classifier to categorize items within a receipt to various classes.
- Implemented a community detection algorithm for academic purposes to detect better design patterns for the UK railway stations.
- Designed and built a tremor classification model based on 3D gyroscope acceleration readings.
- Developed a snoring detection program for medical purposes using Amazon SageMaker.
- Built an ace percentage forecast model to forecast the number of aces made by a tennis player in ATP or WTP tournaments. It reached 0.4 total loss.
- Created, trained, and deployed a resume parser in Spanish and English using AWS instances.
- Devised a sentiment scoring model based on restaurant reviews with a Yelp dataset.
- Developed the RL agent based on deep q-learning to play Sichuan mahjong. Created a rule-based model to generate data acting as a starting point in Sichuan mahjong. Used SL to train on the generated data and then RL to enhance the performance.
Computer Vision Expert for Traffic Solution
- Developed an app that detects and tracks vehicles and provides insights and analysis they may require.
- Implemented a new tracker integrating movement- and visual-based trackers ByteTrack and ReID.
- Introduced a homography calculator based on point selection in Python.
Computer Vision/Deep Learning Engineer
Sports Vision Lab
- Developed a soccer field registration module using Synthetic edge map dataset creation.
- Created a Player detection and tracking module using Deep Sort and Yolo.
- Built a Jersey number recognition module using super-resolution gans and deep learning.
- Developed an unsupervised model to classify each player's team.
- Developed a cement market price daily forecasting, for a big cement firm, to reduce the loss of money between company and distributors, with ten days horizon; 91% of forecast values were within a 5% error margin.
- Implemented a store assortment forecast to forecast the weekly demand of products and give the best combination of products to get the highest revenue possible; 90% of forecasts were within a 5% error margin. Built on an AWS EC2 cloud instance.
- Developed a lot of presentations and dashboards for various projects using Superset, Tableau, and Plotly.
- Handled big databases, and maintained their structure, design, and data flow.
- Worked on a clinic recommendation system, along with a time series forecasting model to predict when will be the next visit for a patient.
Simple EDA on Gun Usage Data Along with Census Data in the US
Soccer Field Registration and Broadcast Analysis
• Soccer edge detection
• Player detection and tracking (with occlusion handling)
• Jersey number recognition
• Homography extraction (player mapping on the minimap)
• Player team classification
• Ball detection and mapping
• Homography sequence stutter removal using convex optimization
All of it was done in Python, with free-custom-made datasets.
Arabic Sentiment Analysis
Pandas, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), OpenCV, Scikit-learn, Pyodbc, GMP
Jupyter, Plotly, Google Analytics, Tableau, Git, LaTeX, GIS, Amazon SageMaker, Spotfire, GitHub, Shell
ETL, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Data Science, Agile
Jupyter Notebook, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Azure, Docker, Salesforce, Linux, RStudio
PostgreSQL, Databases, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Apache Hive
Artificial Intelligence (AI), Time Series Analysis, Modeling, Statistics, Data Engineering, Image Processing, Algorithms, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Business Process Optimization, Time Series, Medical Imaging, Data Visualization, Optimization, A/B Testing, EDA, Forecasting, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Reinforcement Learning, EMR, Biomedical Skills, Data Analysis, Tracking, Deployment, Version Control, APIs, Neural Networks, Image Recognition, Deep Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), Cloud Computing, Computer Vision Algorithms, Predictive Modeling, Amazon Machine Learning, Text Classification, Text Categorization, Supervised Machine Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Data Analytics, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Hugging Face, Sentiment Analysis, Videos, Models, Dash, Big Data, Technical Design, Data Warehouse Design, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Data Warehousing, Genetic Algorithms, Decision Analysis, EHR, Information Retrieval, Probabilistic Information Retrieval, Statistical Modeling, Statistical Analysis, Data-driven Decision-making, Decision Modeling, Decision Trees, OCR, Leadership, Team Leadership, API Integration, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Image Generation, Team Mentoring, Writing & Editing, Integration, Async.js, Web Scraping, BERT, Applications, SAML-auth, Speech Recognition
Spark, Hadoop, Realtime, RStudio Shiny, OAuth 2
Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical and Systems Engineering
Cairo University - Cairo, Egypt