Senior Game Programmer2017 - PRESENTGameloft
Technologies: C++, C#, In-house engine, Unity3D, Lua, XML, OpenGL ES 2.0, SVN
- Worked on gameplay, AI, and shaders for Modern Combat: Rogue League.
- Re-engineered 75+ classes to implement objects pool to eliminate micro-freezes.
- Reduced memory leaks from 100+ MB per level to 0 MB.
- Developed a goal-oriented planning AI system to replace state-machine based logic.
- Collaborated closely with producers, animations, and sounds to implement different gameplay features.
- Collaborated with QA and data tracking teams to implement data tracking in the game.
- Developed various shaders like LUT, aiming, and character highlighting.
Unity Developer (Remote)2016 - 2017Forgotten Mines
Technologies: C#, Unity3D, Photon, Azure, SendGrid, Facebook Gameroom, Steam, Windows Universal, svn
- Integrated Gameroom and Steam authentication in the game.
- Kept the game up to date with the latest SDKs from SendGrid, Facebook, and Steam.
- Designed and implemented invitations and rewards system (full-stack development using Azure).
- Implemented the following shaders: Planetarium ocean, clouds, and lava.
- Worked on various client-side features.
- Completed code reviews and peer-to-peer reviews.
Unity Lead Programmer2014 - 2017Penta Value
Technologies: C#, Unity3D, Kinect 360, Kinect One, VR, AR, SVN, Git
- Designed and fully implemented nine Unity3D projects (3/2D apps/games) and helped to ship another two.
- Developed a Kinect v2 Avateering wrapper used in five projects and a Kinect Framework used in four projects.
- Explained to potential investors how to monetize existing projects.
- Handled communications with freelance 3D artists to cope with project requirements.
- Managed the hiring process and ramping up for two junior developers and introduced them to existing projects.
- Conducted code reviews for fellow developers.
- Worked with iOS, Android, and back-end developers to deliver RoboApp, a cross-platform native application building system.
UE4 Developer (Remote)2014 - 20152ndborn
Technologies: Unreal Engine 4, C++, Git
- Created a 3D multi-layered platforming demo.
- Handled the technical side including repo setup, introducing team members to version control, and how to organize assets and animations.
C++ Game Programmer (Remote)2013 - 2014Modern Entertainment HQ
Technologies: C++, DirectX 11, In-house engine, Git
- Developed reinforcement learning-based AI that could adapt to any player style in less than five battles.
- Developed multi-tier behavior trees that integrated with ML-based AI.
- Enhanced engine memory consumption during load by ~75%.
- Developed multi-scene editing feature to our engine.
- Developed mini-map shader.