Intel Software Innovator2014 - PRESENTIntel Corp
Technologies: Android NDK, Intel RealSense, Android
- Tested and experimented with Android x86-64 Intel devices.
- Developed based on new Intel technologies.
- Gave tech talks on Intel technologies.
- Developed for RealSense 3D camera.
- Built high-performance Intel libraries for Android testing.
Teacher, Coach, and Consultant2009 - PRESENTIndependent Teaching and Consultancy
- Supported teams of large companies in the choice of the right technology for upcoming products.
- Helped in specific fields of web development such as WebRTC integration in legacy web applications.
- Organized in-depth courses on GWT.
- Developed and tuned a development pipeline to help a mid-sized team (at least ten developers) embrace continuous delivery.
System Administrator1999 - PRESENTUniversity of Firenze Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
Technologies: Unix, Linux
- Managed the computing facilities of the department starting from the network level up to servers and services. I'm in charge of maintaining the system available as well as planning updates and upgrades for research necessities.
- Developed the infrastructure of the department's private cloud where XEN virtual machines are deployed and managed.
- Supported researchers in the development and optimization of large-scale numerical simulations (MPI, CUDA).
- Developed the department's storage system using iSCSI.
- Created the Department's authentication system bridging together Kerberos, Shibboleth, and OpenID.
Co-founder and CTO2009 - 2012Jooink Srl
Technologies: ActiveMQ, WebSockets, Google Maps API, GAE, Jetty, Cassandra, GWT, Java
- Created and managed the development pipeline based on Git, Ant, and Jenkins.
- Created the GWT bindings for the Google Maps API and ActiveMQ.
- Co-developed algorithms for fast range searching (geographical position) on Cassandra.
- Co-developed a GWT UI for the JooinK map system.
- Managed the JooinK cluster.