Alberto is a full-stack developer with over 20 years’ experience. He started coding while studying for his PhD and moved on to web-related technologies from there. He has been described as very competent and consistent in his programming, and is an excellent communicator.
Git, Linux, OS X, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
Intel Software Innovator
- Tested and experimented with Android x86-64 Intel devices.
- Developed based on new Intel technologies.
- Gave tech talks on Intel technologies.
- Developed for RealSense 3D camera.
- Built high-performance Intel libraries for Android testing.
Teacher, Coach, and Consultant
Independent Teaching and Consultancy
- Supported teams of large companies in the choice of the right technology for upcoming products.
- Helped in specific fields of web development such as WebRTC integration in legacy web applications.
- Organized in-depth courses on GWT.
- Developed and tuned a development pipeline to help a mid-sized team (at least ten developers) embrace continuous delivery.
University of Firenze Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Managed the computing facilities of the department starting from the network level up to servers and services. I'm in charge of maintaining the system available as well as planning updates and upgrades for research necessities.
- Developed the infrastructure of the department's private cloud where XEN virtual machines are deployed and managed.
- Supported researchers in the development and optimization of large-scale numerical simulations (MPI, CUDA).
- Developed the department's storage system using iSCSI.
- Created the Department's authentication system bridging together Kerberos, Shibboleth, and OpenID.
Co-founder and CTO
- Created and managed the development pipeline based on Git, Ant, and Jenkins.
- Created the GWT bindings for the Google Maps API and ActiveMQ.
- Co-developed algorithms for fast range searching (geographical position) on Cassandra.
- Co-developed a GWT UI for the JooinK map system.
- Managed the JooinK cluster.
Augmented Reality in the Browser
Special care has been taken to let mobile devices to run the application and, with just a few adjustments to the UI, Picshare is usable even on Android (unfortunately mobile Safari does not support WebRTC so there's no way to use it on iOS).
Picshare uses Imgur API to store pictures taken and is hosted on a Google App Engine.
As a side note, the code of the AR engine and the WebGL library used to build the application have been open sourced and are available on googlecode: https://code.google.com/p/gwt-nyartoolkit/ and https://code.google.com/p/gwt-webgl/.
As a part of a teaching session for the development team of a company, I worked as a consultant. I developed the adaption of MGWT for gecko devices (Firefox OS) to show the flexibility of the toolkit and let the developers experiment with the internals of a pretty complex library.
OpenAFS & GWThttp://connect.portici.enea.it/p96906779/
How GWT Unlocks Augmented Reality in Your Browser
GWT, JUnit, JNI, GAE
Apache Tomcat, Android NDK, Eclipse IDE, Jetty, ActiveMQ, Git, MATLAB, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm
Linux, Arch Linux, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Unix, OS X, Eclipse, JEE, Android
Full-stack, Web Applications, 3D Modeling, Algorithms, Medical Imaging, Dental Care, WebSockets, Intel RealSense
WebRTC, WebGL, Google Maps, React, Node.js, Three.js, Babylon.js, ODBC, Google Maps API
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Cassandra, NoSQL, Google Cloud Datastore, MySQL
Distributed Computing, Parallel Computing, Distributed Programming
PhD Degree in Applied Mathematics and Operational Research
University of Milano - Milano
Master's Degree in Mathematics
University of Firenze - Firenze