Verified Expert in Engineering
Salesforce AppExchange Developer
Alex is an independent software consultant with more than 15 years of experience. He has helped companies of all sizes, from nascent startups to Fortune 500 corporations, successfully deliver software projects by providing expertise in development, architecture, and management. He has built solutions in everything from large-scale distributed systems to rich internet front-ends for clients such as Sun Microsystems, Zendesk, and GE Capital.
Amazon EC2, Google Hangouts, Vim Text Editor, Git, Vagrant, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built by myself was a near real-time administrative console for managing a dynamic VOIP conferencing system.
- Developed a caching system for category and account information to improve the performance of the data import service using PHP.
- Designed and developed parallelization for the data import service to spread it over several workers to improve the real-time performance using PHP and shell scripts.
Toolshed Software, LLC
- Built scalable and asynchronous worker system to perform file analysis in Ruby using Resque.
- Architected and led a team to build a custom single page web app baked by RESTful services hosted on Salesforce.
- Adapted a language translation web application to move from JSONP to CORS based web services.
- Built a Salesforce1-based custom app and supporting back-end logic for a corporate training company.
- Designed and developed Flex/ActionScript administrative clients.
- Designed and developed REST-based web applications in Merb for handling administration of advertising services.
- Worked with customers to triage, investigate, and resolve their bugs and feature requests.
- Started the development and transition of administrative applications to single-page application architectures.
- Developed animated maps based on visualization of advertising hits over time for a marketing site.
AccessGE Web Apphttp://twimgs.com/informationweek/davidfcarr/AccessGE364.png
Salesforce API, Resque, Node.js, React
Salesforce Dataloader, Vagrant, Git, Vim Text Editor, Google Hangouts
Agile Software Development
Salesforce, Salesforce 1, Heroku, MacOS, Linux, Amazon EC2
Salesforce AppExchange, Salesforce Apex
Bootstrap, CodeIgniter, Flex, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Sinatra
BA with Honors Degree in Astrophysics
Williams College - Williamstown, Massachusetts (USA)