Verified Expert in Engineering
Alexey is an experienced full-stack developer with extensive knowledge of OOP and design patterns. He specializes in creating complex web services using modern tech stacks like Node.js and PHP/Laravel. He has over nine years of experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science and certifications in PHP and MySQL from Zend and Oracle, respectively.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ngrok, CircleCI, Bitbucket, PhpStorm, Jenkins, Bash
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is M.io, an application that lets users send messages across chat platforms—for example, from Slack to Microsoft Teams.
- Developed a Slack bot for the app. It allows creating, updating, deleting, and searching for metrics from the main application. It uses almost all available Slack features: slash commands, events, scheduled messages, and interactive components.
- Developed integrations with other third-party services including Jira, Salesforce, Asana, Zendesk, Tableau, Baremetrics, Google docs, and Google calendar. These integrations mostly consist of CRUD operations with oAuth and some advanced searching.
- Implemented AWS architecture for all integrations and chose a particular tech stack. Maintained and supported all services on a daily basis as a single DevOps engineer.
- Worked on an app that sends messages across three chat platforms: Slack, Webex Teams, and Microsoft Teams.
- Implemented messages and files receiving logic using webhooks and events subscription.
- Implemented messages and files sending logic using platform API calls.
- Implemented an asynchronous long-polling service for receiving chat events using ReactPHP. Made it multi-threaded using various concurrent and parallel programming techniques.
- Helped front-end developers with Vue.js apps and other JS + HTML + CSS tasks.
- Implemented app analytics, designed a lot of complex database queries, and performed optimization and caching.
Message.io, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Worked on an app that translates chatbots across various platforms, including Slack, Webex Teams, Microsoft Teams, WeChat, Line, Kik, Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, and Hipchat.
- Implemented a Slack client for Gmail (all emails are posted to a specific Slack channel).
- Implemented and maintained several chatbots for the app.
- Helped front-end developers fetch, send, and delete data using AngularJS.
- Built a lot of functional and unit tests using Codeception.
Lead PHP Developer
- Created over 20 websites and enterprise portals for Russian government organizations.
- Worked within very tight deadlines typical of government projects (e.g., opmo.mosreg.ru, created from scratch over a weekend).
- Managed and taught junior developers.
Back-end Web Developer
- Created a forum for the game Prime World (en.playpw.com/forum/; 350 000+ users).
- Supported and refined a web service for storing data from social networks.
- Created a shared authentication system between the website (en.playpw.com), the forum (en.playpw.com/forum/) and the helpdesk (support.en.playpw.com) of the game Prime World.
- Created an intelligence system for gathering and processing data from the game Prime World, landing pages, and advertising campaigns of the game. It helped to measure all KPIs and optimize all steps of the buying cycle.
- Supported all steps of the release process: administered a continuous integration server (Teamcity), created many build scenarios using Nant, and administered and managed svn repositories (including merge requests, conflict resolution, etc.).
Full-stack Web Developer
- Created over 30 websites on the LAMP tech stack from scratch.
- Supported the official Russian website of Epson (epson.ru) over the course of seven months.
- Created a catalog search module with many parameters and complex logic behavior for high-load online store Italbazar.ru.
Official Website of Epson in Russiahttp://epson.ru
Italbazar.ru: Online Store for Brand Clothinghttp://www.italbazar.ru
Forum and Web Services for Prime World
Express.js, Laravel, Bootstrap, Vanilla JS, Django, AngularJS
REST APIs, Node.js, jQuery, Vue, Stripe, Facebook API, ReactPHP, React, JSON API
PhpStorm, CircleCI, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ngrok, Amazon ElastiCache, Bubble, Apache, NGINX, GitHub
REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, Scrum, Continuous Integration (CI)
MySQL, JSON, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, MongoDB
API Integration, Integration, API Applications, Scraping, Web Crawlers, Back-end Development, Software Engineering, APIs, Full-stack, Server Administration, Front-end Development, eCommerce, Front-end, Gmail, FontAwesome, Serverless, WebSockets, Linux Server Administration, Payment APIs, Software Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Linux, WordPress
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics - Moscow
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services
MicroMasters in Software Development
Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 5.6 Developer
Zend Certified PHP Engineer