Verified Expert in Engineering
Full Stack Developer
Aman has four years of software development industry experience. He has designed, built, and optimized big data pipelines, REST APIs, web applications, and SPAs and has held development ownership. His career highlights include building an ETL pipeline from scratch, reducing processing time by 62%, infrastructure cost by 26%, and error rates by 73% while also holding back-end development ownership.
Jira, Slack, Shell, Bash, Vim Text Editor, WebStorm, PyCharm, GitHub, Git
The most amazing...
...app I've made is a SPA that automates the grading process for student projects involving GitHub and Taiga board analysis, used at the Arizona State University.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Arizona State University
- Supported computer science and software engineering courses, with topics such as principles of distributed software systems, web applications programming, design and processes, and embedded computing, including Java, C, Gradle, and Docker.
Software Development Engineer Intern
- Held the complete ownership of a POC project to use S3-based triggering for big data jobs. Contributed to the big data platform Horizon in the finance tech department.
- Designed and developed the serverless architecture to take SNS and S3 events as input, extracted auxiliary data from DynamoDB, and then integrated the output using SQS with the existing code and infrastructure.
- Set up the proprietary framework for continuous integration and deployment to AWS infrastructure. Conducted unit testing using ScalaMock and AWS SAM.
Software Development Engineer
Fractal Analytics, Inc.
- Collaborated within the back-end engineering team on developing our cloud-based product, Trial Run. Held the complete ownership for the back-end of the customer-level experimentation module.
- Set up an ETL pipeline using PySpark, Airflow, and AWS to handle terabytes of data. Using LSH for approximate NN distance allowed us to decrease the processing time by 62% and infrastructure cost by 26% compared to the existing pipeline.
- Re-architectured API level code using Celery, RabbitMQ, and Redis caching to handle a 95x increase in experiment data size.
- Modified the data models, making the architecture more flexible to accommodate different data feeds from the clients.
- Reduced the data-error rate by 73% by setting up an automated QC process before and after the ETL process, also eliminating any manual intervention required.
- Set up a fully automated, modular deployment pipeline consisted of unit testing, post-release sanity checks, code quality assurance, artifact building and storing, and deployment to internal and cloud servers.
Software Development Engineer
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Collected and delivered financial data feeds to clients within the Xpressfeed team. Xpressfeed is S&P's powerful data feed management solution that delivers data directly into the client's workflow.
- Implemented SQL Server long-running data jobs to process the daily market index data feed, collaborating with the index ingestion team.
- Collaborated within the index ingestion team to implement SQL jobs replicating data to the shared data layer that enables sharing the market index data across the organization.
OpenDoor Event Demo for ASUhttp://asu-opendoor.firebaseapp.com/
GTAnalyzer Web Applicationhttps://gtanalyzer.firebaseapp.com/
MindSumo Challenge | CapitalOne | Yelp Fusion APIhttps://mindsumo-capitalone-yelpfusion.firebaseapp.com/
Django, Django REST Framework, Apache Spark, Vuetify
Django ORM, Vue 2, Vuex, PySpark, GitHub API, Spark ML, Jenkins Pipeline, Stanford NLP
AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon EBS, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), GitHub, Bitbucket, Git, PyCharm, Vim Text Editor, Shell, Slack, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Spark SQL, GitLab, Gradle, CircleCI, Travis CI, Docker Hub, Docker Swarm, RabbitMQ, Celery, Amazon CloudWatch, Vue CLI, Jenkins, Jira, WebStorm, Apache Airflow
AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Firebase, Heroku, Apache Kafka, Oracle
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, JSON, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, Redis, SQL Server 2012
AWS Auto Scaling, Vue-router, APIs, Amazon Route 53, Firebase Hosting, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Web Scraping, Fuzzy Logic, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
Arizona State University - Tempe, AZ
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology - India
Introduction to Apache Spark
Big Data Analysis with Apache Spark
Distributed Machine Learning with Apache Spark