React Developer2018 - 2018Glofox
Technologies: React Native, Redux
- Helped deliver a React Native project used for managing fitness studios.
- Fixed various bugs and issues in the project.
- Optimized the project for the Android platform.
Principal Software Engineer2017 - 2018Saycaster
- Designed and built an interactive podcast platform.
- Podcasters can upload audio files and add 'spots' to specific moments in their podcasts, which can be anything from links, to social media posts, to other videos or images.
- Listeners are engaged with content, such as social media posts or preview of external web pages.
- Built a single-page app from scratch with a complex user interface, including user interactions and animations using React.js, Redux, D3.js, Webpack, SVG, and HTML5 Audio.
- Designed and developed a RESTful API server using Heroku, Amazon S3, Node.js, Koa, PostgreSQL, and integration with Twitter API.
Pre-sales Engineer2016 - 2017ZeroTurnaround
- Presented and demonstrated products to potential customers from all over the world.
- Demonstrated product features to developer teams and showed how to use them in the development process with a specific workflow, environment, and toolset.
- Helped sales associates close deals by presenting our products in specific use-cases.
- Trained sales associates in how to effectively present and sell our tools to developer teams and managers.
- Assisted customers with installation, troubleshooting, and other customer service for configuration issues.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Ataccama
- Implemented new features and fixed bugs in enterprise applications used for data quality management and rewrote UI components to use modern technologies.
- Designed and implemented the front-end of an interactive application for customer data management.
- Designed and implemented server-to-sever communication and server pushes in a GWT application.
Java Developer2013 - 2015Techniserv, Taranzo
- Analyzed, designed, and implemented solutions for gathering and processing structured and unstructured data from social networks and various other sources.
- Designed and implemented a module for building and visualizing a social network.
Software Tester2012 - 2013Amberg Group
- Executed both manual and automated tests and analyzed the results.
- Developed and maintained the whole test infrastructure with automated tests.
- Designed test cases, wrote documentation, and reported issues.
- SayCaster (Development)https://www.saycaster.com/
An interactive podcast platform:
- Podcasters upload their audio and add 5-20 spots to their podcasts
- These spots can be anything from links, to social media posts, to other videos or images
- Listeners can listen and comment on these specific spots
- Neo Transfer (Development)https://github.com/AndrejGajdos/neo-transfer
Neo-transfer allows you to log in with a private key, see balance, and transfer NEO or GAS within TestNet. The project is based on JS SDK for NEO blockchain.
Technologies: Neon.js, React.js, Redux, Redux-Saga, Twitter Bootstrap
- Newsfeed Cryptogoods (Development)https://github.com/AndrejGajdos/newsfeed-cryptogoods
A newsfeed for events on cryptogoods with a single, responsive page.
Technologies: React.js, Redux, Redux-Saga, Twitter Bootstrap
- Authenticating Users in SPA using Node, Passport, React and Redux (Development)https://github.com/AndrejGajdos/auth-flow-spa-node-react
User authentication in a single page application with Node, React, Redux and Koa combined with Passport.
- Nested Datatables (Development)https://andrejgajdos.github.io/nested-datatables/
jQuery DataTables plugin for rendering nested data tables in rows. Inner tables are independent of the data and layout from the outer table.
- Webpack Setup for ES6, React, Sass, and Bootstrap (Other amazing things)https://github.com/AndrejGajdos/webpack-react
Webpack configuration to bundle ES6, React, Sass, and Bootstrap for production and development.
- Social Graph (Development)
A Liferay portlet to visualize a social network as a directed multigraph. Jung library is used for building the multigraph, which is stored in OrientDB. Visualization and other components are built in D3.js and Bootstrap.
- SVG Sprite into PNG (Development)https://github.com/AndrejGajdos/svg-sprite-to-png
A workflow converts SVG sprite into PNG images utilizing Gulp.
- Server Push in GWT Application with Errai (Development)https://github.com/AndrejGajdos/gwt-errai-messaging
Implementation of server push messages from server to client in GWT application with Errai framework.
- Contract Generator Tool (Development)
Some insurance brokers have a list of insurances and clients in XLS format and need to generate various contracts based on a contract template in DOC and DOCx format. The user can set up a database (XLS or XLSx) and required columns, which will be parsed into the contract. The application has a database of insurance in SQLite. The main window contains a list of clients with detailed information, where the user can instantly search clients, add required information (date, overpayment, insurance from database), choose contract templates, and generate a contract (DOC or DOCx) for the client. The UI is built in WPF and ADO.NET is used for parsing data from a Microsoft Excel file.
Technologies: C#/.NET, WPF, SQLite, ADO.NET
- Personal Calendar (Development)https://github.com/AndrejGajdos/personal-calendar
A basic personal calendar application with two view modes (week/month). The application generates log files and uses a MySQL database. The presentation layer is built in Swing and SwingWorker. Connections to the database are developed in JDBC. The project contains simple JSP pages for viewing a list of events and their detailed information.
Technologies: Java, JSP, Swing, SwingWorker, MySQL, JDBC
- Guide to Data Synchronization in Microsoft SQL Server (Publication)Sharing related information among isolated systems has become increasingly important. There are many methods to choose from to perform that task for SQL Server, but it’s important to know which is better for each use case.
Libraries/APIsUnderscore.js, Passport.js, Redux-saga, D3.js, React, Immutable.js, JSTL, Chai, jQuery, jQuery Plugins, jQuery UI, Node.js, JDBC, Backbone.js, OpenGL, Win32 API, WinForms, JMS
ParadigmsModel View Controller (MVC), Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), Software Testing, Automated Testing
StorageJSON, PostgreSQL, Graph Databases, SQLite, MySQL, OrientDB
OtherUI Development, Ajax, Front-end, Back-end Development, Single-page Applications (SPA), Writing, Presentations, Sales, Customer Service, Consultation, Web Development, Programming, Software Design, ESLint, Technical Consulting, Web Scraping, Data Visualization, Social Networks Development, Data Analysis, Liferay, BPM, Messaging Patterns, Sales Presentations
FrameworksKoa, Redux, Bootstrap, Spring MVC, Flux, JUnit, React Native, Ruby on Rails (RoR), JavaServer Pages (JSP), Swing, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET
ToolsRedux Thunk, Webpack, Gulp.js, Bower, Mocha, PostCSS, Knex.js, Babel, GitLab, GitHub Pages, GitHub, Trello, InVision, ActiveMQ, Maven
PlatformsFirebase, Java EE, Heroku, Amazon, MacOS, Windows, Linux, WordPress
- Master's degree in Service Science, Management, and Engineering2013 - 2015Masaryk University Brno - Brno
- Erasmus exchange student in Master in Innovation and Research in Informatics2014 - 2014Polytechnic University of Catalonia - Barcelona
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Informatics2009 - 2013Masaryk University - Brno