Senior Engineer Team Lead2021 - 2023Self-employed
- Built a fully integrated image classification system requiring high confidence factors, complete with debug tooling for development.
- Improved developer experience, converting large portions of the platform incrementally to TypeScript.
- Migrated userbase to Auth0 and then to Okta at the client's request, implementing SSO to and from Okta.
- Implemented a compliant, extensible event system used for auditing and generating tasks and notifications for application users.
- Provided direction and plan for platform integrations.
- Integrated GitHub workflow used to test lint and run unit and integration tests on each pull request.
Senior Engineer Lead2020 - 2021Anthem - Digital
Technologies: Redis, TypeScript, Docker, Apache Kafka, Node.js
- Provided chat history functionality for live agent and chatbot conversations, integrated with customer support application.
- Integrated an SMS chat functionality that hooks into the existing chat system.
- Overhauled existing services to support new and future features.
- Worked directly with several teams to coordinate efforts and meet tight deadlines for high-end clients.
- Advocated ways to stabilize existing services, such as increased unit testing and the use of dynamic API services.
- Designed APIs to meet the needs of current goals and direction for the future.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2019 - 2020Impressure/Aramis Interactive
Technologies: MongoDB, Redshift, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Node.js
- Provided and managed infrastructure for real-time data aggregation from third-party API sources.
- Created centralized user profiling with MongoDB and Serverless Framework.
- Integrated analytics into advanced Looker dashboards, replacing hundreds of complex spreadsheets.
- Used Serverless Framework to establish a fully functional local development environment and ensure accurate incoming data.
Senior Product Developer2018 - 2019Dealer Inspire (Cars.com)
- Implemented custom components in React, such as photo carousels. Ensured components were performant and intuitive.
- Architected a centralized audit system in serverless AWS using AWS Lambda and DynamoDB.
- Generated customized CSVs to export data from MongoDB.
- Wrote tests for both Node.js using Mocha and for React using Jest.
- Mentored new developers to enable them to hit the ground running.
- Implemented streaming for media within a GraphQL implementation of a Node.js server.
- Involved heavily with architectural decisions in both front and back end with Node.js and React.
Full-stack Software Developer2017 - 2018Tenex Developers
- Built solid, scalable software that met the future demands of clients.
- Used best practices and developer tools for rapid, efficient development, such as writing very DRY code, using debuggers, and separation of concerns.
- Learned the ins and outs of test-driven development and how it will save development time in the future.
- Used new technology (Elixir and Phoenix Framework) that was learned quickly because it was a better fit for the task.
- Implemented new features for clients like drive and walk scores for a real estate app in native Android and native iOS apps.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Devilbiss Healthcare, LLC
- Maintained and built on existing software products and took on new projects.
- Added Node.js application to connect with mobile apps and sync data.
- Deployed development and production applications on IIS.
- Built a data API with authentication with ASP.NET Core, complete with documentation and tests.
- Developed using ASP.NET and .NET frameworks to add new features, like assigning user groups to medical faculty.
- Updated ASP.NET boilerplate version to build new permission-based features.
Software Engineer in Test2014 - 2016Interactive Intelligence, Inc
- Started as an intern and became full-time in 2015.
- Learned Node.js in a testing environment, where the test environment was connected to a live development server.
- Implemented a secure TLS connection between the development server and the test environment.
- Built a mock fax server that was used to simulate a real fax machine to test faxes.
- Implemented a pairing test, which paired the test environment to the development server based on a schedule.