Verified Expert in Engineering
Andrew is a passionate full-stack developer with 20+ years of experience. He specializes in React development and is a talented UI designer with great attention to detail. Over the years, his apps have been used by hundreds of thousands of people. Andrew prides himself in his leadership skills, creating apps from concept to deployment, and is primarily interested in opportunities that involve React.
Redux, React, PHP, Laravel, GraphQL
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is Cubender, an app that allowed users to create websites. It had a 50,000-member base before shutting down after ten years in 2020.
- Helped create a framework to convert the company's existing HTML and jQuery application into React.
- Fixed bugs, created new enhancements, and helped brainstorm new application features.
- Collaborated on creating a workflow where we were able to manage and improve legacy code while building new features in React.
- Started a sole proprietorship and worked with clients in a wide array of industries. Developed custom websites and CMS solutions, as well as branding and identity.
- Designed and developed an owner rewards and mileage tracking solution for Volkswagen Canada (www.volkswagenplus.ca/).
- Developed a proprietary CMS to manage websites designed for clients. The CMS allowed clients to work on content on their websites and upload files, among other features.
- Developed a health-network app with social features similar to Facebook, where users could post, like, join communities, and more.
- Served as a sole developer and used React and Redux to create the front end powered by a back-end API built in Laravel.
- Brainstormed new features, tracked bugs, and monitored the marketing efforts as part of a team.
- Amassed a 40,000+ user base, many of whom returned daily.
- Received several million dollars in federal grants over five years.
- Built and managed the deployment lifecycle for Journeys, a spin-off React Native app that provides users with inspirational health and wellness videos.
- Designed the company's dashboard for web and mobile.
- Used Redux to query data and connect with the company's API.
Huddol is a React Native app for iOS and Android that allows members to watch inspirational videos called Journeys. Users who create accounts and start Journeys can watch videos, listen to audio, and participate in community discussions.
Cubender was an HTML5 responsive website builder, and having a free account enabled the building of unique websites using a drag-and-drop interface. The users were able to upgrade to a paid subscription tier and connect their domains. The entire website building process was seamless and turnkey.
Trolley, previously known as PaymentRails, is a cross-border payments solution designed to simplify the complexity of mass payouts. After bootstrapping the original prototype, Trolley raised private capital and now has seven offices around the globe with 27 employees.
Mission is a web app designed to monitor and track the productivity of developers and other contractors within its network.
Next.js, Laravel, Redux, React Native, Bootstrap, MUI CSS, MUI (Material UI), Jest
React, REST APIs, Pusher, Stripe, jQuery, Google Maps, Stripe API, Node.js, PayPal API, Social Media APIs
Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Adobe Creative Suite, Git, GitHub, Stripe Checkout, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Jira, Sketch, Apache
Responsive Layout, UI Design, UX Design, Mobile Development, Responsive, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Agile, Web Performance Optimization (WPO), REST, DevOps, Automated Testing
Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Android, Unix, Docker, Linux
User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Design, Dashboards, Dashboard Design, CTO, Full-stack, Web Development, Front-end, Technical Leadership, APIs, Back-end, Full-stack Development, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Tables, JSON REST APIs, Software Architecture, Software Design, Startups, DOM, OAuth, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Consulting, Project Consultancy, Styled-components, Product Design, WebSockets, Cloudflare, Prototyping, Apollo, Mobile Apps, Leadership, Charts, Data Visualization, Interactive UI, Subscriptions, Virtual DOM, Cloud Infrastructure, Architecture, Google SEO, eCommerce, Live Chat, Lead Generation, CRM Systems, Chatbots, Finance, Payment APIs, Online Payments, Digital Payments, Payment Gateways, Interactive Maps, Single Sign-on (SSO), PDF Forms, CI/CD Pipelines, ChatGPT, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
MySQL, Databases, PostgreSQL