Senior Developer2018 - PRESENTJohnson & Johnson Surgical Process Institute
Technologies: Deep Learning, Docker, Python, C++, React, Node.js
- Produced a microservice-based infrastructure for voice capturing, voice command recognition, and STT.
- Developed a WebRTC-based solution to capture audio and video on the browser side and decode and process it on the server.
- Built container-based voice-recognizer engines based on different commercial and free products that could be integrated with the microservice infrastructure.
- Constructed a configuration and training backend and UI, including sample recording and collection modules, for voice-recognition infrastructure.
- Created a server-side test infrastructure with UI control to execute different audio test and measure and optimize parameters (TPR, FPR, precision, F1) for different recognition engines.
Senior React Native Engineer2019 - 2020Sage Intacct
Technologies: Firebase, iOS, Android, Redux, React Native
- Developed a time-tracking mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Integrated a mobile app with existing APIs, configured the CI/CD process to automatically build apps for the different operating systems, endpoints, and environments.
- Wrote unit tests (Mocha) and E2E tests (Detox/Mocha) to provide sufficient test coverage for the most critical parts of the application.
React Native Developer2019 - 2019ClassDojo
Technologies: Kotlin, React Native
- Developed a proof of concept for the migration of the current native Android application to React Native.
- Created conversion tools for native resources (strings, styles etc) from Android's XML resources to React Native data.
- Implemented a method to bridge existing native Android activities with a React Native application.
Native App Developer2017 - 2018Gelato
Technologies: TypeScript, Kotlin, Swift, Java, Objective-C, React Native
- Developed platform-specific native components for React Native that involved image management, drag-n-drop, multithread background file uploading, and so on.
Lead Developer2016 - 2017ScanChat
Technologies: Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Immutable.js, Hapi.js, Node.js, OpenGL, React Native
- Built the back ends for both the apps and control panels; used Node.js, Hapi.js, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Socket.IO, and GraphQL.
- Created a control panel with React, Redux/Immutable.js, and GraphQL.
- Constructed Native and React Native components working with Android (Java and NDK) and iOS, camera, real-time camera visual effects, OpenGL visualizations, and OpenGL animations for the screen items. (Also native view animations.).
- Created apps for various platforms (iOS/Android, React Native, Redux, Immutable.js, GraphQL, Socket.IO), and native components for data visualization.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Sgoomys s.r.l.
Technologies: Node.js, React Native, React
- Developed a RESTful back end for a social network; used Node.js, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Redis.
- Built a web application for the social network for Italian RV users; used React, Bootstrap, Redux, and the Google Maps API.
- Developed a messenger with push notifications for both the website and app; using Hapi.js/Nest.
- Created mobile apps for iOS and Android for a social network.
- Built the back-end for hardware GPS trackers based on the TK-103 protocol; it had full remote control via 3G networks, tracking and more.
Lead Programmer | Electronics Engineer2013 - 2015MG Informatica s.r.l.
Technologies: STM32, OpenGL, C++, PHP, Node.js
- Developed an electronics systems for driving simulators, schematics design, and firmware programming (including composite USB devices).
- Created an electronics system for a driver's medical evaluation; it had LED-based vision tests, load cells sensors for the force and time of reaction evaluation, electronics design, PCB, prototyping and production, firmware programming, and software programming.
- Constructed new modules and modified existing driving simulation software, using OpenGL.
- Developed an interactive web-based training system for Italian driving schools, PHP (later Node.js).
- Created a steering wheel controller with force-feedback for a driving simulator based on the standard FIAT power steering assembly, BLDC motor control, tension sensors, and STM32F3.
Programmer | Electronics Engineer | CEO2004 - 2012White Sound
Technologies: Java, C#, C++, C
- Developed field-recording systems for cinematography.
- Wrote software for automated sound and video editing (assembling) based on timecode data, EDLs, and sound "fingerprints."
- Created software for rapid SFX editing for TV series production, based on edit decision lists and image recognition.
- Developed an automation system for ARD/Foley recording studios.
- Built the hardware for a LED/projection system that did subtitling in cinema theaters; it had a manual mode, an automated mode with syncing to any LTC (DCP, HDCAM, and more), P2 or bi-phase (35 mm projectors) film projection equipment.
CTO1997 - 2004Orel Studio
Technologies: C++, C, Delphi
- Developed several video games (quests) as a lead programmer.
- Built software for creating and editing frame-based animations (including sprites and animated background) for video games.
- Created an audio engine for video games this included background music with crossfades, SFX virtual positioning, and more.
Programmer | Sound Producer1995 - 1997New Media Generation
Technologies: C++, Delphi
- Created audio/video modules for multimedia disks and video games (quests).
- Developed a multilingual OSD text engine synchronized with videos for multimedia disks.