Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Warehouse Developer
Ante is a DWH expert with strong SQL skills and proficiency in SSIS and Informatica ETL tools. On top of that, he is able to bring data to life by using any of the reporting tools at his disposal. He easily transforms the client's user requirements into meaningful and easily accessible reports and visuals.
Oracle, SQL, Informatica, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is scraping, parsing, and transforming the data from bridge games to interactive dashboards using Tableau while working for World Bridge Tour.
- Developed a BI implementation that did not meet the client's needs using three sources: Google Sheet documents containing mostly data regarding finance cost and HR and revenue data that were in a different application.
- Proposed to build a set of reports from scratch with new logic for gathering and consolidating data due to the needless complexity of previous implementation. Used BigQuery as a DWH platform, with scheduled queries acting like ETL pipelines.
- Set up a series of data quality queries once the DWH layer and reports were done, which would alert the stakeholders if the data was either lacking or suspicious in its value.
- Analyzed the current logic of top-priority Hyperion reports and migrated them to Tableau, combining several Hyperion reports into one Tableau report.
- Redeveloped the logic of the previous automatic report distribution system that used row-level security.
- Educated team members on best practices and how to build Tableau reports from scratch.
- Performed day-to-day monitoring and developed ETL processes using Informatica, Oracle PL/SQL procedures, Shell, and PowerShell scripts.
- Created customized and user-specific reports and solved urgent ad-hoc requests for C-level executives.
- Helped different stakeholders set their working environment to connect to the DWH using PBI.
- Migrated the campaign data mart model from on-premise Oracle to Azure.
BI and DWH Engineer
- Implemented a DWH model from scratch and developed ETL processes using SSIS. As most reports were used by multiple departments and ran in a production environment, the processing was slow and affected the core business.
- Communicated with stakeholders, like sales, marketing, and finance, to gather reporting needs. With the new DWH implementation, each department requested more in-depth analyses of their data, something previously not possible.
- Built a reporting layer using SSRS, SSAS, and Tableau based on stakeholders' input. Various previous reports, as well as new ones, were set to reference DWH.
- Introduced a simple data model that returned the targeted KPI for each seller to implement Sales aim to reward sellers based on their performance.
- Administered the front end of the on-premise Tableau server.
- Set up a series of methods to analyze web campaigns.
- Indicated key measures to extract crucial players and create VIP-only campaigns.
- Created and oversaw the reporting of online casino games for the ministry of finance.
World Bridge Tour Tableau Analyticshttps://www.worldbridgetour.org/
In order to get to the final product, an entire workflow of data manipulation and data validation had to be created. This includes but is not limited to downloading the JSON files, parsing, and loading them into the database to perform a set of calculations and transformations.
After that, the final data set is loaded into Tableau, where a whole set of reports is done. Some of them help players improve their game, while others are used to detect and prevent possible cheating.
To do so, I had to understand the current ongoing processes and capture a comprehensive view of the source system. Once this has been done, it was time to move on to the conceptualization of DWH and writing ETL processes in SSIS.
Multiple tools were used to present the results to business users, including SSRS, SSAS, and Tableau. I worked on all the phases of this project, with an emphasis on creating reports in both SSRS and Tableau.
VIP Player Segmentation
After segmenting the VIP players, I joined the team that created the rules of relationships with VIP players. In that team, I was mostly assigned the tasks related to campaigns, whether it was analyzing the past ones or suggesting the new ones.
SQL, SQL DML, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Excel VBA, Google Apps Script
Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SSAS, Excel 2013, Power Query, BigQuery, Looker, Hyperion, Oracle BI Publisher
Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, ETL
Oracle, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Data Pipelines, Database Architecture, Data Integration, Data Validation, Azure SQL
Excel Expert, Tableau Server, Data Warehousing, SQL Server 2015, Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Data Reporting, SSRS Reports, Data Warehouse Design, Data Engineering, ETL Tools, Data Management, Data Governance, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Structures, Excel 365, Informatica, Technical Documentation, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, Machinery, Battery Management Systems, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Hyperion Interactive Reporting (IR), PeopleSoft
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia
Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification