Verified Expert in Engineering
Anton has been a professional software engineer for more than fifteen years. He has experience in fintech, multimedia software development, computer graphics, and performance-critical software. Anton also has experience architecting complex software systems, developing CI/CD pipelines, and leading teams.
Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Qt Creator, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed and implemented is an x86 operating system kernel built from scratch in C and Assembly.
Philippines-based client | Via Toptal
- Implemented a proprietary trading strategy in the form of a MetaTrader Expert Advisor.
- Provided initial consulting to help the client further formulate the requirements.
- Conducted back-testing of the strategy to ensure all requirements were met.
C++ Software Engineer
Singapore-based client | Via Toptal
- Worked on the performance optimization of a low-latency C++17 library for interacting with several crypto exchanges.
- Performed initial static and dynamic analysis, as well as profiling, in order to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Introduced a benchmarking process as a way to flag future performance degradation.
C++ Software Engineer and Consultant
Mahi Services (UK) Ltd
- Collaborated on extending and maintaining a proprietary financial analytics system for real-time FX insights.
- Developed a CI/CD pipeline for building, testing, and tracking code coverage of the new features.
- Integrated the software with external metrics collection systems for performance, health, and anomaly monitoring.
Senior Software Engineer | Team Lead
Bianor Services OOD
- Supported and fixed bugs in multiple subsystems of a set-top box software stack written in C, C++, and embedded Java for a major broadcast satellite provider.
- Championed a distributed application for monitoring satellite feed health.
- Collaborated directly with the US-based team, establishing daily communication.
- Led a team consisting of three senior software engineers.
- Analyzed and troubleshot complex memory and performance issues.
- Developed tools in Python for automating repetitive manual tasks.
- Contributed as part of the agile team following the Scrumban management process.
- Developed GUI applications using Qt 5, C++Builder, and Visual Component Library (VCL) to control embedded devices via proprietary protocols over COM port.
- Designed and implemented a general-purpose software library for memory layout specification and uniform register access for embedded devices.
- Created helper tools in Python for automation and tests.
- Participated in code reviews and architectural discussions.
- Served as part of an agile team following the Scrum framework.
Parallel Bulgaria OOD
- Participated in the development of a proprietary multimedia framework and automated TV broadcast software solutions written in Delphi XE5.
- Contributed to the development of a 2D animated graphics engine (based on Direct2D/Direct3D11) for overlaying animated graphics on top of real-time video.
- Applied high-performant video and audio components for real-time multimedia processing.
- Implemented software library for video composition and transition with support for multiple back ends.
- Utilized libraries for hardware-accelerated video encoding and decoding, namely NVIDIA NVENC/NVDEC and Intel Quick Sync Video.
- Debugged complex scenarios including memory leaks and performance issues.
- Developed a graphical user interface (GUI) for the video player and 2D animated designing solution.
- Utilized Firebird and MySQL databases for multiple products.
- Engaged in the entire software product lifecycle with the main emphasis on research, API design, and implementation.
- Used Atlassian stack—Jira for team organization and Confluence to maintain documentation.
- Developed multiple web-based apps for the sports and betting industries.
- Integrated the apps with third-party payment systems.
- Utilized MySQL database for storing web application data.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
Antonix - Operating System Kernel for x86 Architecturehttps://github.com/AntonAngeloff/ANTONIX
Cryptocurrency Arbitrage Trading Software
Emulator for Z80 CPU
MetaQuotes - MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 Integration
C++Builder, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Docker Swarm, Vagrant, Apache, Qt Creator, Buildroot, Expect, Eclipse IDE, Slack, Git, Mercurial, CVS, Subversion (SVN), Interactive Disassembler (IDA) Pro, GCC, Packer, Grafana, Microsoft Visual C++, Visual Studio
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), COM+, Design Patterns, REST, API Architecture, Continuous Integration (CI), Cross-platform, Real-time Systems, DevOps
Algorithms, Data Structures, Memory Management, COM, Multithreading, Mathematics, Hacking, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Stochastic Differential Equations, Stock Price Analysis, Option Pricing, Futures & Options, Nomad, Consul, Device Drivers, File Systems, Thread Scheduling, MVC Frameworks, Microsoft Media Foundation, Video Processing, RS485, Embedded Java, Team Leadership, Reverse Engineering, Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Arbitrage, TCP/IP, SSH, Embedded Systems, Non-blocking I/O, Low Latency, WebSockets, FIX Protocol, Image Processing, Derivatives, Performance Optimization, IT Project Management, Waterfall Methodology, MT4 Plugins, CI/CD Pipelines, Embedded Software, Windows Services, APIs, Cryptography, Forex, Trading, Crypto
Qt 5, Swagger, FireMonkey, Qt, Boost, Windows PowerShell
Delphi XE, DirectShow, Standard Template Library (STL), OpenGL, DirectX, Visual Component Library (VCL), FFmpeg, SDL, Kraken, Binance API, Windows API
Kubernetes, Linux, Embedded Linux, Windows, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, MetaTrader, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Project Management, High-frequency Trading (HFT), Trading Systems
MySQL, Firebird, MariaDB, SQLite, Redis, MongoDB, Redis Cache
Master's Degree in Mathematical Modeling in Finance
University of Rousse "Angel Kanchev" - Rousse, Bulgaria
Bachelor's Degree in Informatics and Information Technologies in Business
University of Rousse "Angel Kanchev" - Rousse, Bulgaria
Practical Project Management (based on PMBOK)
Software University (softuni.bg)