Senior Software Engineer2019 - 2021Datagrate
Technologies: Kotlin, Java, Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, Spring, Talend ESB, Elasticsearch, ELK (Elastic Stack), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Consul, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines
- Implemented a low-code SaaS MVP from scratch by developing a Kotlin back end and performing some React front-end prototyping. Helped to put the project team together. Assisted with setting up the infrastructure in Google Cloud.
- Implemented a data integration solution for the largest Asian healthcare group transmitting and handling COVID-19-related test data during the pandemic.
- Built back-end data integration projects for clients from various domains, such as digital media, research, retail, and IT. Helped with tackling intricate system issues. Got positive feedback on all the projects.
- Hired and reviewed the performance of two front-end developers and one back-end developer. I coordinated the team and set and assessed the project milestones.
Lead Software Engineer2017 - 2019ScS-Luettgen (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, WildFly, ActiveMQ, Apache Camel, Apache CXF, AngularJS, Angular, Oracle, PDFBox, Microservices, SOAP, Microservices Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines
- Released a new site's version and equipment management tools backed by a set of new back-end SOAP and REST Java EE services. Maintained high-reliability standards, covered code with tests, and performed load testing with Gatling and optimizations.
- Automated PDF report generation with an infrastructure plan and equipment.
- Implemented DevOps practices: containerization and continuous delivery pipelines.
Freelance Software Developer2017 - 2017QuadWrangle (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, MongoDB, AngularJS, Play Framework, Java
- Developed a web platform for creating personalized social networks.
- Implemented an AWS-backed email broadcasting functionality for many recipients.
- Developed administrative tools for the application.
Freelance Software Developer2016 - 2017Treehouse Technology Group (via Toptal)
Technologies: REST APIs, Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP), Oracle Database, Java, Talend ESB, Camel, Spring, Oracle, Salesforce
- Implemented ETL solutions for the company’s clients, communicating with data analysts to define an appropriate mapping model and functional requirements. Developed adapters for third-party APIs like Zoho and Netsuite, and databases.
- Implemented a platform with a dynamic configuration that spins up CDC and ETL routes in runtime fetching data from Salesforce, NetSuite, Generic DBs, and Excel, loading into a centralized data lake in MSSQL. Integrated with a custom dashboard.
- Extended a Talend ESB functionality with custom components. Set up data pipelines handling hundreds of thousands of events daily, aiming for guaranteed data delivery and observability.
Senior Software Developer2015 - 2016Right & Above
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, D3.js, AngularJS, Spring, Java EE, Java SE
- Created an analytical portal graphically representing open data of the US election process.
- Supported a national gallery back-end using OSGi framework.
- Developed a portal for managing devices of family members from in a single interface.
- Integrated a quote management application with Quickbooks API and a set of eCommerce suppliers.
Senior Java Developer2014 - 2015Fasten
Technologies: WildFly, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Hazelcast, JBoss Drools, Java EE
- Developed a commercial Uber-like ride-sharing service which connected drivers and passengers.
- Implemented a robust billing functionality.
- Created a notification service and integrated it with Apple and Google APIs.
Senior Java Developer2010 - 2014Magnit
Technologies: Informatica, Oracle, Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, Vaadin, Spring, ActiveMQ, Apache Karaf, Apache Camel, Java EE, Java SE
- Designed and developed an inter-application data exchange in the largest Russian grocery retailer with wide geography.
- Designed the enterprise service bus implementation from scratch.
- Created a monitoring and audit system and guaranteed delivery mechanisms.
- Implemented high-load data flows between departments which handled millions of messages daily.
- Led a team of seven Java developers to implement dozens of new data integration pipelines within the ESB.
Java Developer2008 - 2010Extracode
Technologies: SAX, Xerces, Oracle Database, Apache POI, Java SE
- Developed and supported an application that loaded invoices from cell providers worldwide into a single accounting system.
- Implemented a tool that automatically fetched documents from cell provider websites.
- Supported an in-house electronic content management system.