Verified Expert in Engineering
Aris is an ex-Facebook and ex-PayPal software engineer with over a decade of experience developing mobile apps, web apps, and back-end full-stack services focusing on React and Node.js. He has worked on various projects ranging from proof-of-concept to cloud-based, multi-million-users, performance-critical apps. Aris will make an excellent addition to any team.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Xcode, Android Studio, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an eCommerce app that enables buyers to purchase items available only in certain parts of the world from travelers.
- Developed an app Titip that connects buyers and travelers, allowing buyers to chat with travelers, purchase products available only in certain parts of the world, and make safe transactions. It has been used by thousands of users globally.
- Built an app Qline that allows people to queue online primarily for places where queueing time varies, such as clinics, dentists, and salons.
- Created a Window Manager for macOS named Grid, featured in two Apple's Peek Performance events. Thousands of users have downloaded it since it was launched.
- Built a utility tool to automatically hide the Dock feature in macOS.
Fazz Financial Group
- Led a team of engineers and hands-on in automating a testing process for mobile apps, saving more than 30% of the time taken for manual testing and detecting issues within hours instead of days.
- Provided technical consultations for the engineering team building an investment education platform.
- Managed a project and collaborated with the developer and product team using the Scrum methodologies.
- Supported global networks of developers, troubleshooting issues related to Facebook APIs and SDKs.
- Built developer tools used by tens of thousands of developers to debug issues related to Messenger bots.
- Developed tools used by the DevOps team that allows them to support 16 languages via machine-learning-supported or vendor translations.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a desktop application used by Singapore's top banks and fund managers for trading in the foreign exchange market in real time and with high volume.
- Worked directly with clients on new features and issues.
- Collaborated with back-end, sales, and customer support teams on integration, presentation, and solving issues related to the desktop app.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and built NoSQL and in-memory caches, making the service’s response two times faster and reducing the number of database hits by more than 50%.
- Migrated monolithic code to microservices architecture.
- Implemented a credit card expiration reminder that is more scalable and works six times faster than the existing one.
- Delivered custom mobility solutions for enterprises.
- Developed prototypes for iPad and iPhone applications.
- Built back-end services using Microsoft technologies, such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Microsoft Smooth Streaming (MSS), and SQL Server.
eCommerce App for Travelers
Online Queueing App
React Native, Appium, Spring Boot, NestJS, Express.js, Swing, Spring, Jest, JUnit, Mockito, Laravel, Next.js, Tailwind CSS
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Vue, Stripe, Socket.IO
GitHub, Git, Xcode, Expo, Gradle, Expo.io
Microservices, Continuous Integration (CI), Test Automation, Serverless Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Firebase, Mobile, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), iOS, Android
NoSQL, Relational Databases, Databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cloud Firestore, Redis
Full-stack Development, APIs, Performance, RESTful Services, CI/CD Pipelines, SaaS, Mobile Apps, Front-end, Integration Testing, Analytics, Containers