CEO2022 - PRESENTDashcam for Your Bike
Technologies: C#, Computer Graphics, Unity, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), TypeScript, GIS, Mapbox, Firebase, Unity3D, Unity3D Native Plugin Interface, Augmented Reality (AR), ARToolKit, AR Interfaces
- Launched a pre-revenue company with an app used by thousands worldwide.
- Partnered with municipal governments, creating infrastructural changes to bike lanes throughout Pittsburgh.
- Raised enough funds to hire a part-time employee to help with marketing, outreach, and scaling the product to prove additional traction before seeking investment.
Founder2019 - PRESENTRCVis.com
- Created a ranked-choice voting election visualization website used by dozens of cities in their official election reporting.
- Developed a website that can handle unexpected spikes of 10,000 times the average number of users in hours when election results are first released.
- Inspired by the data visualization used by New York City's Board of Elections, the website is used as the primary visualization by dozens more cities across the USA.
- Organized in addition to the USA elections, the website hosts ranked-choice voting elections in Ireland from dozens of organizations worldwide and thousands of straw polls held worldwide.
Team Lead and Manager2019 - 2020Argo AI
Technologies: C++, Computer Graphics, OpenGL, WebGL, WASM, Qt 5, OpenSceneGraph
- Led three separate teams, including incident command system and other managers.
- Built a team from 4 to 14, including advocating for and hiring our first dedicated UX experts.
- Changed hiring practices to improve team diversity, from 0% of folks from underrepresented communities to 40%.
- Created thousands of lines of code in the top 5% of developers regarding features shipped while being a manager.
- Managed over a dozen ad-hoc employees from across the company for specific projects that needed urgent delivery, coordinating the work of the full-time team and the ad-hoc engineers.
Team Lead and Manager2015 - 2019Avametric
Technologies: Computer Science, Qt, OpenGL, Augmented Reality (AR), ARToolKit, AR Interfaces
- Led teams that built internal software used full-time by 15% of the company and part-time by 50% of the company.
- Planned and led optimizations to the software that led to a tenfold increase in productivity within 12 months of joining, leading to four employees being able to do the work of forty employees.
- Implemented extensive automated end-to-end integration testing of a complex GUI application, removing the need for manual QA before launching software.
Computer Scientist2014 - 2015Adobe
Technologies: C++11, C++, Objective-C, Swift, GLSL, OpenGL, 3D Games, 3D Graphics, Graphics, Core Graphics, Agile Project Management, Software Project Management
- Launched one of the first mobile photoshop apps, Photoshop Mix, to millions of users.
- Employed as one of the three core engineers on a new app, "Photoshop Fix," which went from MVP to Launch in under a year to millions of users, in dozens of countries, with dozens of languages supported.
- Implemented the first "quick select" tool for mobile apps, which has since become a must-have feature in photo editing apps; we set the standard.
- Implemented the first AI-driven facial editing tool, now commonly seen in Snapchat filters. Using an AI-driven face mesh, built tools to manipulate the mesh.
- Worked with research teams to implement experimental code into production software.
- Built the first in-app customer feedback tool and managed all incoming customer feedback, from bug reports to praise.