Arnaldo Silva Rodrigues Junior
Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architecture Developer
Arnaldo sees himself as a problem solver, given the various challenges he faced and solved in his career. An entrepreneur by nature, he's an electrical engineer with a passion for software development. This background, combined with over 20 years of experience developing full-stack web and mobile applications and fifteen years developing enterprise applications, gives him a unique set of skills to overcome every obstacle.
Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), GitLab, WebStorm, MacOS, Jira, Slack, Trello
The most amazing...
...thing I've accomplished was building a software-outsourcing company from scratch to a company with over a hundred employees.
Software Architect | Full-stack Developer
- Set up 2FA using Google Auth and FIDO keys for a cryptocurrency exchange startup using React, Node.js with Express using microservices concepts.
- Created an integration between Jira and Xero to retrieve working hours and milestones information, consolidate, and input billing entries. This integration was built using Angular, Node.js, Express, MySQL.
- Built a visual workflow of the task dependencies to produce a COVID-19 vaccine using React over Next.js.
Chief R&D Officer | Partner
- Created an R&D division to develop innovative products that are the next step of the company.
- Acted as the CFO of the company from 2018 to 2020. Created a series of KPIs and controls to ensure the financial health and profitability of the company.
- Architected and led a team that built a cash-back system using the concept of double-entry bookkeeping. The web version was built using Angular, and the apps using Ionic. The back end was Node.js on AWS, using Lambda functions and Kubernetes.
- Created new features in Volvo Finance, an iOS application to simulate monthly parcel calculation of the financing of vehicles for the Volvo Group.
- Architected and developed VPSA ERP’s mobile for Android tablets.
- Built billing and charging systems for VoIP providers.
- Started and structured a software-outsourcing business in Brazil from scratch, alongside my business partner, from long-term strategic planning to hiring an office cleaner.
Software Developer Consultant
- Allocated as a third-party resource in GBM-HSBC Bank.
- Led the development of the system that communicated with the Brazilian regulatory agency (ANBIMA) about investment funds and managed portfolios and the development of the system that controls the tax payment for those funds.
- Developed the integration to report transactions between the Brazilian and Cayman Island branches to the Brazilian regulatory agency.
Global Village Telecom
- Generated network KPI reports using Excel (VBA). Developed a system to monitor the dial-up internet equipment using Perl and SNMP. Generated call center KPI reports.
- Created tools in Excel (VBA) to support CRM and marketing strategy analysis and automated tools to monitor internet dial-up traffic.
- Analyzed data to build BI systems for a VoIP provider and a dial-up internet provider using PL and SQL in an Oracle database.
- Planned CRM processes and marketing strategy analyses based on the information acquired from BI.
- Developed a CRM system using Java and Adobe Flex. Created the Click2Call system. Created a real-time online Flash component compiler.
- Implemented improvements in the billing system of a VoIP provider.
- Led the development of improvements in the service provisioning system and the development of a small service bus.
Infomatrix Consultoria, Informática e Informação LTDA
- Fixed bugs in a document management system for agro-industries.
- Developed new features for the document management system using VB6.
- Wrote SQL procedures to process information for reports in an Oracle database.
LAX Eletrônica e Telecomunicações LTDA
- Programmed micro-controllers in assembly language.
- Wrote a library to create a FAT file system over an EEPROM.
- Implemented serial communication using I2C to control peripherals.
- Designed circuit boards and welded electronic boards.
I was the team lead and lead developer of the project. The system was a PWA built using Angular in the front end and Firebase to store the data.
I was part of the team that developed and maintained the billing system and the call routing system. It used FreeSwitch as a PBX system. The support systems were written in Java and used an Oracle database.
All simulations were first created in Excel and validated. Afterward, the calc processes were reproduced into the app.
Built using Excel (VBA) to validate the simulations and then Ionic 2 to build the app.
I was onboarded in the project when the system was 75% done, and I finished the project. The system was built using Angular, Node.js with Sails.js and deployed on S3 and Heroku.
SMS Routing System
I improved and extended several back-end microservices in the form of Express apps. I was also part of the team responsible for maintaining the international routing system.
I was part of the back end development team.
I was part of the team that implemented security measures to avoid attacks on clients, such as 2FA authentication using FIDO keys and Google Auth. The system was built using React in the front end and Node.js in the back end.
I built a visual workflow to tie the task dependencies of this production. The front end was build using React over Next.js; the back end used Node.js with PostgreSQL and Redshift as databases.
Angular, Ionic, Express.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Swagger, Django, React Native, Sails.js, Next.js
Node.js, React, Konva, Fabric
Git, Sequelize, Mongoose, Jira, Slack, Trello, FreeSWITCH, Auth0, Canvas, Amazon Cognito
MEAN Stack, Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Scrum, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), ETL, Microservices, DevOps
Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Mobile, Docker, Kubernetes, Android, Firebase, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MacOS, Heroku, Oracle, Apache Kafka, Azure, Blockchain
JSON, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Web SQL, Neo4j, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Redshift, Amazon DynamoDB
APIs, Cloud Architecture, Full-stack, Software Architecture, Architecture, Solution Architecture, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Mobile Applications, Technical Leadership, Full-stack Development, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), CTO, OutSystems, OAuth, Authentication, AWS Cloud Architecture, Mobile Apps, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), EJB 3, API Integration, Fintech, Digital Transformation, Digital Payments, Marketplace Lending, Consumer Banking, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Insurance Technology (Insurtech), Technology, Cryptocurrency, Regulations, Real Estate
Executive Program in Finance
Wharton Executive Education - Online
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering - Electronics and Telecommunications
Technological University of Paraná Federal - Curitiba, Brazil
Associate Traditional Web Developer
OutSystems Training Team