Verified Expert in Engineering
SDET and Software Developer
Arpan is a permanent resident of Canada and has around 10 years of experience as a software development engineer in test (SDET). He is an expert in front-end and back-end engineering and test automation with high prowess in the technological stack. Arpan loves building test automation frameworks from scratch and training teams to work on the test automation frameworks. A diligent engineer, he is passionate about sharing his knowledge about test automation.
Java, Selenium WebDriver, API Testing, Database Testing, Jenkins, REST APIs, Quality Assurance (QA), Black Box Testing, Test Case Creation, Integration Testing
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a payment ecosystem that enables millions of digital transactions per day.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Worked for Mastercard's digital payment system architecture, which integrates multiple internal and external (banks, merchants) systems and helps perform millions of digitized payment transactions daily.
- Developed a test automation framework for API testing from scratch using Java, Spring Boot, and REST Assured technologies. Participated in building and maintaining test plans and test cases. Performed manual and automation testing in the same Sprint.
- Established a Jenkins pipeline that runs every few hours to conduct sanity checks of the deployed build. Performed functional and integration testing. Liaised with different teams on application deployment and shipping to the production environment.
- Performed code reviews and found bugs even before functional testing. Analyzed requirements and design. Provided suggestions and improvements.
- Received praise on various occasions from the testing team for task ownership and for leading the product release initiative. Maintained the highest strike rate of releasing builds without defects into the production environment.
- Oversaw the scrum team's testing practices and strategies and led the new testing initiatives across teams. Developed, built, and shipped the highest number of multiple releases to production in 2021.
- Acted as a functional SDET, wrote test cases, maintained test suites, verified the system at the integration checkpoints, and performed contract testing. Performed testing techniques like Black Box, White Box, integration testing, and unit testing.
- Worked at the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department to create the automation framework for their business transformation project. The project is rebuilding the legacy applications into newer architecture.
- Created a UI framework based on Selenium WebDriver and used the Page Object Model (POM) concept. Developed Jenkins pipelines for them to test scripts in multiple environments.
- Assisted manual testers in writing user journey test scenarios, finding bugs in the system, and performing regression testing.
- Received praise for my quick turnaround time (TAT) in automation scripts.
- Wrote and maintained test cases and test case suites. Performed manual black box testing for front-end web applications.
Associate Senior Software Test Analyst
- Worked as part of the development team and built core APIs that were leveraged as digital payment wallets with integration to banks (issuer-based) e-wallets. The wallet APIs help banks, users, and merchants perform in-app eCommerce purchases.
- Played a pivotal role in manual and automation test scripts, strategy, and planning on how to maintain and scale the test automation process. Worked on building wallet applications for multiple banks as a member of the core testing team.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and the Page Object Model for front-end flows. Performed functional and end-to-end testing of payment flows. Created a test automation strategy and implemented changes focusing on improving scalability.
- Groomed new team members and personally removed knowledge-sharing bottlenecks by creating detailed documentation and test infrastructure set up videos. Maintained a test automation CI pipeline by integrating Jenkins with UI and API projects.
- Implemented the encryption and decryption of an API payload via Elliptic-curve Diffie–Hellman (ECDH) asymmetric key cryptography in collaboration with two other teammates, resulting in unblocking automation test engineers and improving productivity.
- Maintained test plan, wrote test cases, maintained the test suite, performed manual and black box testing, and wrote automation scripts. Became a quick thinker and better at time management, which management appreciated.
Automation Test Analyst
Paul Mason Consulting
- Worked on developing test automation frameworks and performing manual testing for the UK clients, such as House of Fraser, BrightHouse, The Health Lottery, and others as an independent contractor for the service-based setup.
- Created a test automation strategy, various frameworks from scratch based on the client's needs, and a return on investment (ROI) document for test automation.
- Built testing frameworks for UI and API testing, performed daily sync-ups with the client's teams, and trained the client's teams on running and maintaining the automation scripts.
- Participated in the functional and manual testing team, wrote and maintained test cases, and conducted the test case execution. I tested black box and white box techniques to find code issues.
- Started my career with Helios Solutions and was trained as a test engineer and automation test engineer. Worked on multiple projects with different clients and participated mainly in testing the front-end interface.
- Tracked user requirements, performed test case writing and test case execution, and performed end-to-end black box testing. Learned and developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver in Java as a programming language.
- Received praise and recognition from clients for delivering websites without bugs and testing them across multiple browsers. Tested the website responsiveness across devices with different resolutions.
Digital Transactions Architecture for a Financial Institutehttps://developer.mastercard.com/product/mdes
As the core team member, I developed and maintained credential generation and transaction tokens. The project is built on the microservices architecture with RESTful API components and Apache Kafka as an event distributed system. The component integrates with downstream systems via an API call and Kafka to complete the call flow.
As a senior SDET, I created test strategies, set up frameworks, trained team members, and reviewed their tasks. My day-to-day job also involved participating in sprint activities like writing test cases, conducting functional testing, writing and maintaining automation test scripts, and reviewing SDET tasks.
Digital Wallet Application for a Financial Institutehttps://developer.mastercard.com/product/masterpass/
As an associate senior test engineer, I was involved in requirement analysis, identifying and writing test cases, performing test automation, and collaborating with other test engineers to improve the test architecture. I also played an influential role in making improvisations in the core automation framework of Mastercard, which have been used across Mastercard teams globally.
Business Transformation Project | Inland Revenue NZhttps://www.ird.govt.nz/
As a consultant from Assurity, the IRD required me to test automate their front-end systems and use the scripts as smoke testing for various environments and server warmups. I also wrote test automation scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, and Jenkins.
JUnit, Selenium, Spring Boot, Cypress
REST Assured, Postman, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Splunk, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD
E2E Testing, Page Object Model (POM), Testing, Test Automation, Manual Testing, Agile, Automated Testing, Microservices, Unit Testing, REST
Website Testing, RESTful Services, SDET, Quality Assurance (QA), APIs, QA Automation, Manual QA, Web Applications, QA Testing, Website QA, Automated UI Testing, Test Case Creation, Test Case Execution, Test Case Development, Black Box Testing, Automation Framework Development, Test Cases, System Integration Testing (SIT), Performance Testing, Contract Testing, API Testing, White Box Testing, Integration Testing
Apache Kafka, Oracle, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF))
MySQL, Database Testing
Selenium WebDriver, REST APIs
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Gujarat Technological University - Gujarat, India