Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTSquare
- Designed and developed services and infrastructure to support communications throughout Square, which includes SMS, email, push and in-app notifications.
- Developed and maintained complex application services on distributed systems. Designed APIs, databases, and front-end UIs for numerous services.
- Collected and maintained metrics throughout different communication services, using it to train machine learning models for more intelligent communication. Managed data sets in BigQuery, Looker, and Snowflake.
- Collaborated with internal product teams and merchants to create the best messaging experience for recipients. Designed the different types of possible messages, formats, necessary and optional fields, and how it gets rendered in the client.
- Designed and created the front-end service for the communications platform in React with a Ruby on Rails back-end. This UI is used by internal product teams to design templates messages as well as rendering previews in specific placements.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 202015 Seconds of Fame
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Octopus Deploy, Jira, Git, Windows, Azure, AWS, Windows PowerShell, Python, C#
- Maintained complex environments and infrastructure for development, staging, and production. Infrastructure span in-house datacenter servers, AWS, and Azure, with both Windows and Linux servers.
- Developed processes to expand as well as maintain the environment.
- Developed various Windows application services to monitor the health of Windows servers, and built a notification service to warn relevant team members when errors occur.
- Constructed the build process of all the product applications. Set up the repo to the automated build system which then gets forwarded to go through automatic integration tests.
- Set up a complex Azure infrastructure to be used for production applications such as scale sets, service fabric, web services, storage blobs, and more.
- Updated, maintained, and set up backups for the WordPress of the main website.
Software Engineer2013 - 2018RackWare, Inc.
Technologies: C++, Python
- Developed and enhanced features for the RMM suite that provides migration, disaster recovery, monitoring, and auto-scaling functionalities in C++.
- Built and supported a REST API for the product in Python using the Django REST framework.
- Contributed to customer-facing projects to help architect and implement solutions that optimize the utilization of hybrid cloud models.
- Designed disaster recovery solutions to help back up and protect enterprise data while emphasizing on simplification and cost savings in the process.
- Developed the framework for plugins in the core product to help the ease of introducing new asynchronous features as plugins.
- Developed a new live synchronization tool consisting of a driver to detect all changes to a file system and record it, and a copy tool to read files and transfer the changes efficiently to the destination image (a sophisticated wrapper around dd).
Assistant Programmer2011 - 2013UC Davis
Technologies: Bash, Python
- Supported many data centers and servers for the entire College of Engineering at UC Davis.
- Created an automation framework that is used to help maintain and manage all the servers in the data center.
- Managed the network and firewalls for the many application servers used by the staff and study groups of the university.
- Built features for the back end of the web portal. For example, developed an algorithm that helps resolve conflicts in student schedules.