Verified Expert in Engineering
Avery is an iOS app developer who has been coding for over 15 years. Avery was a key mobile developer on the Spin micromobility consumer app and worked on the Spin App Clip, which was highlighted in Apple's WWDC keynote. Their core skill set is Swift, React, React Native, and TypeScript, but they're also familiar with a variety of other tools and languages.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Xcode, MacOS, iOS, TypeScript, Swift, React Native, React
The most amazing...
...honor I've gotten was to see a project I worked on get featured in an Apple WWDC keynote–the Spin App Clip.
Senior Mobile Product Engineer and Manager
Spin (Tier Mobility)
- Developed and maintained the Spin Rider app for micromobility, built in React Native.
- Implemented Sign in with Apple and Sign in with Google for new customers.
- Oversaw a complete UI refresh of the Spin mobile app and implemented a style guide for other mobile developers to follow.
- Built the Spin App Clip for iOS featured in Apple's WWDC keynote address.
- Implemented bike lane support on the Spin Rider app by integrating bike land data from a third party.
- Managed the mobility-as-a-service team responsible for providing a data feed of vehicles to the cities that govern the company's markets.
iOS App Developer
- Built and supported the Parts Town eCommerce and reference app with over 100,000 downloads and 4.8 stars on the App Store.
- Designed and built an API middleware written in Node.js and TypeScript. It enables the Parts Town mobile apps to interface with our back-end eCommerce system and adds thorough test coverage of this system.
- Managed app compatibility as the company transitioned from one eCommerce platform to another.
- Piloted a custom reference app for our international subsidiary, First Choice Catering Spares.
- Built a custom app for employees to access company policies and announcements.
- Created custom variations of the Parts Town app for some of our corporate partners.
Developer and Technical Support Analyst
- Developed a pair of native macOS desktop applications written in Objective-C and AppKit used by our photo studios.
- Built a customer-facing full-stack web application written in AngularJS and Java Servlets.
- Created a web application that relayed real-time logging data from processes spread out across the company.
- Developed and supported server-side tools for workflow automation.
- Collaborated with end users to identify and resolve pain points.
- Troubleshot and supported enterprise applications when bugs arose.
Independent App Developer
- Built an iOS single-player game called Kardball, featuring custom 2D graphics and animations.
- Designed graphic assets and textures for the game.
- Recorded sounds and music for the game using Garage Band.
Parts Town eCommerce Apphttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/parts-town/id399259573
When a user views a manual, it is saved to the My Manuals section of the app, which is synchronized to all their devices.
The app also features an interactive wire diagram feature, which allows customers to view equipment schematics, tap the part in the diagram they want to buy, and add it to their cart.
Parts Town has skinned the app for some of its top customers and offered them a separate App Store listing.
First Choice Catering Spares Reference Apphttps://apps.apple.com/gb/app/first-choice-catering-spares/id1230207337
The app allows customers to browse equipment manuals by manufacturer and model and save those manuals to their devices.
The app was then handed off to their in-house development team, who added additional features, including saved parts lists and an in-app chat.
Spin Micromobility Rider App
UIKit, React Native, iOS SDK, Redux, Jest, Android SDK
Node.js, REST APIs, CocoaPods, React, RxSwift
iOS, MacOS, Mobile, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Docker, Android
Front-end, SOAP, Web Services
Xcode, Git, GitLab, SwiftLint, GitLab CI/CD, Figma
Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Information Technology Management
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA