WordPress Developer in Oakland, CA, United States
Member since January 21, 2019
Barrett loves building intuitive, accessible websites and online tools. He is a full-stack web developer with expertise in WordPress. He also has a background in graphic design and UX design and believes in the importance of both development and design in achieving the ideal user experience.
Lead Web Developer2015 - PRESENTDuende
- Developed several custom WordPress themes.
WordPress Developer, Lead Developer2015 - 2018Verified Studios
- Developed WordPress themes for several educational institutions.
- Developed WordPress themes for study abroad programs and plugins that sync TerraDotta and Salesforce data with WordPress.
WordPress Developer2015 - 2017Northland Controls
- Redesigned and developed a WordPress child theme.
- Integrated Pardot forms into WordPress to collect leads.
WordPress Developer2015 - 2017Agari
- Developed WordPress and Google Analytics event tracking for a marketing site.
- Developed three online tools using Agari’s API that allow users to search a domain’s security records.
WordPress Developer2015 - 2016Spigit
- Developed a WordPress child theme for the company marketing site.
Senior Front End Developer2014 - 2015SupportPay
- Developed a child support management web app.
- Implemented landing pages and analytics tracking. After three months, this resulted in a 273% increase in new accounts created per month and decreased the original bounce rate of 80% to 33%.
Front End Developer and Designer2013 - 2014Basho
- Developed and designed for various company WordPress sites.
- Created the graphic design for conference print materials and signage.
User Experience Designer and Front End Developer2009 - 2013Mr. Number (aka Skydeck)
- Helped acquire 2 million users for a caller ID and call blocking app.
- Managed wireframing and graphic design for iOS/Android/Blackberry devices and conducted user experience testing.
- Developed WordPress for a company marketing website.
- Designed and animated web pages, printed materials, and product videos.
User Experience Designer and Graphic Designer2008 - 2008Yoomba
Technologies: HTML, CSS3, Flash, Actionscript, Adobe Creative Suite
- Created wireframing and graphic design for desktop software, website, emails and presentation materials for an email-integrated instant messaging app.
- Designed the animation and illustration for product videos.
- Contributed to the web development for company marketing site and landing pages.
Web Developer2006 - 2008Harpo Studios
- Provided web development for a live streaming webcast.
- Developed daily online landing pages for episodes of The Oprah Winfrey Show on Oprah.com.
Web Developer and Graphic Designer2005 - 2006Tripp Lite
- Developed company marketing site and online store.
- Created graphic design, animation, and ActionScript development for Flash banner advertisements and promotional emails.
Web Developer and Graphic Designer2000 - 2001Honey Interactive
Technologies: Web Developer and Graphic Designer
- Designed and developed Flash websites.
- Created graphic design for signage and other print materials.
- Temporal (Development)https://github.com/barrettcox/temporal
Temporal is a WordPress plugin I developed that allows you to manage time-sensitive access to WordPress pages.
- Trellisto for Trello (Development)https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trellisto-for-trello-plug/jbgpndbkleajjjoplkmcofgkelocohon?hl=en-US
Trellisto for Trello is a Google Chrome extension that extends the filtering functionality of the "Cards" view in Trello.
ToolsAdobe Creative Suite, Git, Grunt.js, Gulp.js, Balsamiq, Google Analytics, Pardot
OtherAjax, Google Tag Manager
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design, Illustration1998 - 2002The School of the Art Institute of Chicago - Chicago, IL