Solutions Architect and Software Developer
Basit has over 13 years of experience and a passion for developing high-quality, scalable solutions that meet the needs of the business and its customers. His expertise includes TypeScript, Java, .NET, Python, and AWS in designing SaaS products. Some of his notable projects include designing and developing a BI SaaS product serving over 1,000 queries per second and improving the performance of multiple projects tenfold. He can assist teams mid-cycle or lay down the foundations of a new product.
The most amazing...
...project I've led and developed is a BI SaaS product serving 1,000+ database queries per second.
- Designed and built an analytics SaaS product serving 1,000+ database queries per second.
- Architectured the SaaS product to provide 99.9% uptime with strong reliability and resilience.
- Designed and built public and internal GraphQL APIs with backward compatibility.
- Established a minimum code coverage requirement of 90% and implemented tools to automatically track and enforce it.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed the back end and front end of the SaaS product from ground zero.
- Created a fully automated testing solution to benchmark and test our APIs.
- Designed and developed a document converter accurately up to 99% with speeds reaching up to 800+ docs per minute.
- Maintained and improved the company's SDK exposed for external and internal use within the suite of products.
- Improved the DevOps process and implemented various methodologies to make deployment and testing faster.
- Oversaw the WFH transition when COVID-19 struck. This included the whole deployment process and how technology was deeply involved throughout the company.
- Improved application performance by 200% by performing refactoring and architectural changes.
- Reduced cloud costs by analyzing usage in Azure by 60%.
- Programmed GPU shaders in C in an in-house-built 3D engine for modeling terrain.
- Maintained and improved the architecture of the application in C# and WPF.
- Hired and trained new employees in all the technology stacks used in the company.
NCache by Alachisoft
- Identified feature gaps for NCache (a distributed cache) and guided the development team. Introduced MapReduce in NCache as a distributed computing framework.
- Took part in the development of a NoSQL database and worked on performance-related features.
- Worked directly with the marketing team to write and promote technical blogs, articles, and white papers.
- Solved customer issues with the support team and provided architectural solutions to customers to avail of the caching features optimally.
- Built a data/ML pipeline that sifts through 100 million tweets and Facebook posts to provide business intelligence reports.
- Increased user retention by 2x by engaging customers and updating the dashboard UX.
- Oversaw the launch process of the product and took part in the sales pitch and raising funds for the product.
- Automated EC2 machine provisioning in AWS using SDK for a customer.
Team Lead and Developer
- Led a team of ten to build an extremely fast and scalable in-memory distributed caching server (Redis competitor). The product was highly mission-critical.
- Improved the stability and performance of a clustered environment and fixed bugs on JGroups. Introduced new cluster topologies as well.
- Handled critical client issues and identified bugs from crash dumps.
- Trained new employees and fresh graduates to bring them up to speed with the technology stack and product.
- Received the Excellence award in 2013 for leading a team in releasing TayzGrid.
NCache: In-Memory Distributed Cachehttps://www.alachisoft.com
Blog and Portfolio Websitehttps://basitanwer.xyz
.NET, Tailwind CSS, .NET Core, Swagger, Next.js, MUI (Material UI), Django, Redux, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
React, Node.js, Shopify API, REST APIs, OpenAPI, D3.js, AWS Amplify, DirectX, Protobuf, NCache, NumPy, Chart.js, React DnD
Postman, Git, GitHub, CAD, Amazon Cognito, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), WPF 3D, Terraform, IntelliJ, Kafka Streams
DevOps, Agile, Requirements Analysis, B2B, Marketplace Platforms, Back-end Architecture, REST, API Architecture, Scrum, Data Science
Amazon Web Services (AWS), DigitalOcean, AWS Lambda, Docker, Shopify, Amazon EC2, Telerik WPF, Typesafe, Netlify, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Apache Kafka
MySQL, Redis, Data Pipelines, Data Integration, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, HBase, Amazon DynamoDB
Leadership, APIs, API Integration, Data Engineering, Architecture, Technical Leadership, Full-stack, Technical Architecture, Team Leadership, Back-end, Full-stack Development, Third-party APIs, Data Visualization, Front-end, Manufacturing, CNC, User Interface (UI), Web Scraping, Data Extraction, Documentation, Software Architecture, Back-end Development, Back-end Performance, MERN Stack, Apollo, CI/CD Pipelines, Code Review, Cloud Architecture, Single Sign-on (SSO), API Design, System Architecture Design, Dashboard Design, Dashboards, Writing & Editing, AWS Cloud Architecture, CTO, Lambda Functions, Search Engines, Marketplaces, eCommerce, Amazon API Gateway, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems, Text Mining, Sentiment Analysis, Supervised Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Technical Writing, GPU Computing, ILAsm, Shaders, Blogs, DWG File Format, DXF, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Public Relations (PR), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
National University of Science & Technology (NUST) - Islamabad, Pakistan
Text Mining and Analytics
Text Retrieval and Search Engines